95 Fall Dinner Ideas Starring Easy Seasonal Recipes
Bring on the cranberries, pumpkin and apple everything—come sweater season, we're hungry for all things autumnal. If you're anything like us, you need to try whipping up one (or all) of these fall dinner recipe ideas. They'll satisfy your craving...and just taste better in cooler weather. We’re guessing you might even have some of the ingredients on hand already.
1. Sheet-Pan Lemon Butter Veggies and Sausage
Two things we love: hands-off dinners and (practically) zero dishes.
2. Balsamic Cranberry Roast Chicken
One bag of frozen cranberries goes a long way.
3. Harissa Chickpea Stew with Eggplant and Millet
Swap in quinoa or farro for more tasty iterations.
4. Cheater's Prosciutto Hawaiian Pizza
It starts with store-bought flatbread.
6. Butternut Squash Carbonara
Don’t tell the kids it’s packed with hidden veggies.
7. Bulgur with Roasted Butternut Squash, Sage and Goat Cheese
Pretty much the only thing we love more than our warmest sweater.
8. Spicy Turkey Enchiladas with Pumpkin Seeds
Swap in rotisserie chicken for roast turkey as you see fit.
9. The Ultimate Chicken Potpie
Puff pastry to the rescue.
10. Mexican Posole Soup
This chili-soup hybrid is loaded with chicken, chiles and hominy.
11. One-Pot, 15-Minute Pasta Limone
That was easy.
12. Cauliflower Steaks with Lemon-Herb Sauce
Garlic, lemon, cilantro, mint, lemon—these cauliflower steaks are loaded with flavor.
13. Easy One-Pan Ratatouille
It comes together in less than an hour.
14. Oven-Roasted Buffalo Wings
Admit it: It’s what everyone wants.
15. Chrissy Teigen's Cheesy Chicken Milanese Recipe
Our celeb crush doesn’t mess around with fussy dinners.
16. General Tso's Cauliflower
Psst: It pairs well with a bottle of Cab Sauv.
17. Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce
On the dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
18. The Best Damn Tomato Soup
Don’t settle for the stuff in a can. Just don’t.
19. Roasted Cauliflower Sliders
20. Huevos Rancheros
Yet another way to put an egg on it.
21. Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
Throw everything into a skillet and bam—dinner is served.
22. Zoodle Stir-Fry
It comes together in no time.
23. Baking Sheet Quesadillas
Why fold and cook a bunch of small tortillas when you can just bake one enormous one?
24. 15-Minute Lemony Broccolini Pasta
Eight billion times better than spaghetti and jarred sauce.
25. Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Our love for our cast-iron skillet runs deep.
26. Sheet Pan Pomegranate Chicken and Roasted Squash
Full disclosure: We could eat this every night for the rest of our lives.
27. Polenta and Meatballs
Creamy, satisfying comfort food? Coming right up.
28. Pork Scallopini with Lemon, Capers and Radicchio
One pan, endless possibilities.
29. Cauliflower Fried Rice
Just as savory and satisfying as takeout.
30. Vegetable Wellington with Mushrooms and Spinach
Hearty “meat” pies without the stomachache.
31. Greek Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
Best paired with dry white wine. (Or dry apple juice for the kiddos.)
32. 15-Minute Cheater's Pad Thai
Tempted to order in? Try this instead.
33. Spiralized Winter Vegetable Gratin
34. Flank Steak Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
The easiest way to cook a seemingly intimidating protein.
35. Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage
Aka a vehicle for cheese and pasta.
36. Kale Salad with Persimmons, Crispy Chickpeas and Fried Shallots
Hearty (and pretty) enough to steal the show.
37. Pasta Alla Norma
Think of it as a healthier, five-ingredient eggplant Parm.
38. Cheater's Skillet Paella
The name says it all.
39. Rotisserie Chicken Ramen
Flavorful, filling and best of all, super simple.
40. Skillet Gnocchi with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
Hearty and delicious.
41. Shrimp with Cauliflower Grits and Arugula
Thirty-minute dinners for the win.
42. Baking-Sheet Pizza with Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Tastes like it was made in an ancient stone pizza oven. (Spoiler: It wasn’t.)
43. Ginger-Pineapple Shrimp Stir-Fry
Like a ray of warm sunlight on a crisp fall day.
44. Tomato Soup in Grilled Cheese Bread Bowls
45. Skillet Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes
You love ordering sirloin at restaurants—why not make it at home?
46. Baked Sesame-Ginger Salmon in Parchment
Love cooking but hate doing dishes? Join the club.
47. 15-Minute Mezze Plate With Toasted Za'atar Pita Bread
We officially give you permission to eat a plate of fancy snacks for dinner.
48. One-Pan Steak with Beets and Crispy Kale
No fuss, no mess.
49. Baked Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
Who has time to stand over a hot stove and stir (and stir and stir)?
52. Pesto Quinoa Bowls with Roasted Veggies and Labneh
Everything roasts together on a single sheet tray.
53. Skillet Eggs and Chorizo
This one-pan egg dish takes just 30 minutes to whip up.
55. 15-Minute Skillet Pepper Steak
Eat the rainbow.
57. 20-Minute Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
We mean it this time: We’re never going back to angel hair again.
58. Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Blue Cheese and Celery
Pack the leftovers for lunch and knock two meals out of the way.
61. Perfect Meatballs with Cherry Tomato Sauce
Few things in life are perfect, but this dish one of them.
62. Greek Chicken and Rice Skillet
The chicken turns golden-brown while the rice becomes magically crispy. Just trust us on this one.
63. Cheater’s Italian Wedding Soup
No one will ever know you cut some corners.
64. Vegan Butternut Mac and ‘Cheese’ with Smoky Shiitake ‘Bacon’
Forget cheddar. We’re all about puréed squash.
65. Firecracker Chicken with Rice
Shocker: It’s low-maintenance.
66. 30-Minute Cheater’s Beef Stroganoff
Comforting like Mom’s cooking. But honestly? Better.
67. Slow-Cooker Whole Chicken with Potatoes
Throw the whole damn bird in.
68. Loaded Baked Potato and Cauliflower Soup
Tasty enough to turn any gloomy day around.
69. 20-Minute Paleo Egg Roll Bowls
Because wrappers are too fussy.
70. Cheater’s White Wine Coq au Vin
Because we’re fancy (ish).
71. Pumpkin Polenta
Make this a weekly staple through December.
72. Beet Salad with Carrot, Quinoa and Spinach
You won’t find any lettuce in this colorful salad.
73. Butternut Squash Pizza
Move over marinara, you’re so last season.
74. Cheesy Roasted Mushroom Melt
Never underestimate the power of a grilled cheese sandwich.
77. Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
We’d eat this sauce by the spoonful.
78. Crispy Cauliflower Tacos
It’s officially cauliflower season. Let’s celebrate.
79. One-Pan Sausage With Broccoli Rabe and White Beans
Don’t even think about getting all those dishes dirty.
80. Butternut Squash Lasagna
We have a secret: You won’t find any pasta in this lasagna…and you won’t even miss it.
81. Maple Herb Roasted Turkey Legs
Instead of roasting the whole bird, try just cooking the legs instead.
82. Beet and Goat Cheese Tart
Pie for dinner? Don’t mind if we do.
83. Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
Our two favorite pasta dishes just collided in this mouthwatering recipe.
84. Kale Minestrone
Don’t even think about heating up the canned stuff.
85. Vegetable Potpie
Whenever a comfort food craving strikes...you know what to do.
86. Corn Bread Tamale Pie
Fact: We’ll eat anything if it’s cooked in a skillet.
87. One-Pot Autumn Herb Roasted Chicken
All our favorite flavors of the season in one pot.
88. Kale Caesar Salad
Some dinners never go out of style.
89. Baking-Sheet Pizza with Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Tastes like it was made in an ancient stone pizza oven. (Spoiler: It wasn’t.)
90. Sticky Orange Chicken with Caramelized Onions and Fennel
The marinade works double duty as a sticky, citrusy sauce. Feel free to swap fennel for bok choy, green beans or whatever veg your heart desires.
91. Whole Roasted Chipotle Chicken
The most impressive way to feed a crowd. Your guests will have no clue how little effort it took to make.
92. Honey-Mustard Sheet Pan Salmon
Easy, delicious, healthy *and* lightning fast? We’re in love with this simple fall dinner.
93. Mini Cranberry Potpies
Move over, chicken—we’re in the mood for something unexpected. Each potpie serves two (or um, one).
94. Instant Pot Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup
Red curry paste? Check. Coconut milk? Check. Fresh lime, cilantro and tamari? You betcha.
95. Pomegranate-Sumac Chicken with Roasted Carrots
Pro tip: Save your carrot greens. They make for the prettiest finishing touch.