It’s pretty unfair that at most meals, we have to choose between our two favorite carbs: pasta and potatoes. That is exactly why we’re devoted to gnocchi, the miracle food that manages to combine both into soft little pillows of heaven. Plus, if you start with store-bought gnocchi (which we wholeheartedly endorse), they’re the ideal foundation for an easy weeknight meal. Here are 30 of our favorite easy gnocchi recipes.
30 Easy Gnocchi Recipes You Can Make at Home
1. Summer Skillet Gnocchi With Grilled Corn And Burrata
We always thought of gnocchi as a hearty cold-weather dish. But this skillet, loaded with fresh corn and tomatoes, proves otherwise. (It’s also drop-dead gorgeous, just saying.)
6. Sweet Potato Gnocchi In Herbed White Wine Sauce
This is definitely dinner-party fancy, but it’s deceptively easy to put together.
8. Buckwheat Gnocchi With Cabbage, Potatoes And Fontina
On the other hand, sometimes copious amounts of cheese are exactly what the doctor ordered. (Yes, there are double potatoes in this dish.)
10. Baked Gnocchi With Tomatoes, Mushrooms, And Kale
All those veggies need a little melted mozzarella to balance everything out.
19. Truffle Ricotta Gnocchi With Bacon, Calabrian Chili And Chive
Well, look who’s fancy all of a sudden!
20. Shrimp And Gnocchi With Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
We would eat just about anything if it were covered in this sauce. (Hint: Make a loaf of crusty bread to sop up the extra.)
21. Mushroom Gnocchi With Arugula And Walnut Pesto
A magnificent umami bomb in a bowl. (And did we mention it’s ready in 30 minutes?)
24. Baked Gnocchi Casserole In A Creamy Tomato Sauce
We’ll always love baked ziti, but this quick version with pillowy gnocchi has stolen our hearts.
28. 20-minute Pesto Shrimp With Gnocchi And Asparagus
It doesn’t get any faster or easier than this. And with only a handful of ingredients, you can easily make it on a weeknight.
30. Gnocchi And Winter Vegetables With Sage Cream Sauce
Feel free to use whatever winter veggies you have on hand. (Just don’t skimp on the super-savory sage cream sauce.)