15 Easy Skillet Dinners That Are Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
Skillet Gnocchi with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
Photo: Liz Andrew/Styling: Erin McDowell
Sometimes, you just want to have Sunday supper on Wednesday. This skillet gnocchi with sausage and broccoli rabe is hearty and delicious, and it tastes like you spent all day making it. Lucky for you, it only takes 30 minutes.
1 pound store-bought gnocchi
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 sweet onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound cooked Italian sausage, sliced
1 bunch broccoli rabe, cut into bite-size pieces
½ cup chicken broth
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until the pasta floats to the surface, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the gnocchi.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute more.
3. Add the sausage and cook until it begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe and chicken broth, and bring to a simmer.
4. Continue to cook, tossing frequently, until the broccoli rabe is wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and red-pepper flakes (if desired).
5. Stir in the gnocchi, Parmesan and parsley, and toss well until combined. Serve immediately.