It doesn’t take a million fancy ingredients to make an incredible meal. Don’t believe us? Here are 27 simple pasta recipes made with classic veggies and fridge and pantry staples, perfect for beginners and experts alike. Now off you go, master chef.
27 Simple Pasta Recipes Anyone Can Master
5. Skillet Pasta With Summer Squash, Ricotta And Basil
Serve up this skillet pasta with summer squash, ricotta and basil instead. Best of all, this one-pan meal is ready in half an hour.
8. Mezzi Paccheri Pasta With Burrata Cream, Guanciale And Saffron
Aida Mollenkamp’s burrata cream and guanciale pasta was inspired by a trip to the Tuscan hilltop town of Castelfalfi. (Just claim the story as your own.)
13. Five-ingredient Butternut Squash, Arugula And Goat Cheese Pasta
Crunchy pine nuts top this sweet and savory whole-wheat pasta that’s just as delicious on your dinner plate as it is at your desk for lunch the next afternoon.
15. One-pot Tomato Basil Pasta
The best part (beyond having just one pot to clean)? Once you’ve mastered this version, you can customize the recipe to your heart’s content.
18. Spaghetti With Avocado Pasta Sauce
This recipe is rich but totally virtuous, and the whole meal takes just 30 minutes to prepare. (Cue singing angels.)
19. One-pot Creamy Chicken Alfredo
Traditionally, you’d cook the pasta and sauce in at least two different pans, but in this 35-minute recipe, everything comes together in a single pot.
23. Creamy Sweet Corn Pappardelle
We don’t always eat vegan, but it’s a fun bonus when a creamy, delightful dish just so happens to be plant-based.