Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad
If you associate pasta salad only with summer, think again. This recipe combines all of our favorite fall flavors (mmm...butternut squash). We have a feeling you'll be making this all season long.
1 small butternut squash—peeled, seeded and diced
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
¼ cup apple-cider vinegar
Pinch of cinnamon
1 pound bite-sized pasta (we used orecchiette)
½ cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
¾ cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Arrange the butternut squash in an even layer on the baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and then roast until lightly golden and very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. While the squash roasts, whisk the remaining olive oil with the mustard and vinegar to combine. Season the dressing with the cinnamon, salt and pepper.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package’s instructions. Drain and let cool slightly.
5. Toss the cooled pasta with the squash, pine nuts and thyme. Add the dressing and toss well to coat. Finally, add the goat cheese and mix gently to combine.
6. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days.