Pasta Florentine with Grilled Chicken
You love chicken. You love pasta. Why not combine them into this creamy, smoky and downright delightful pasta Florentine with grilled chicken? Charring your chicken breasts for ten minutes adds a little je ne sais quoi to the classic French dish.
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound bucatini or other long pasta
3 garlic cloves, minced
¾ cup dry white wine
⅓ cup heavy cream
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
One 5-ounce bag baby spinach
1. Prepare your grill for high heat. In a small bowl, whisk the mustard with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Brush the chicken on both sides with this mixture; season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill the chicken until well charred and cooked through, turning as needed, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice very thinly.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the package. Drain well.
4. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the mixture is reduced by half. Stir in the heavy cream and the cheese; season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the pasta to the pan and toss well to coat in the sauce. Add the chicken and spinach. Toss until the spinach is slightly wilted. Serve immediately.