28 Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes That Never Get Old
Oh, sweet potatoes. We’ll never get tired of you. Not only are you loaded with protein, fiber and vitamins, you’re also undeniably delicious. And because they’re potatoes, aka the most versatile and beloved starch around, there are endless ways to enjoy these orange tubers from burgers to grilled cheese. Here, 28 healthy sweet potato recipes that are as wholesome as they are tasty.
1. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Blue Cheese Crema
There’s no wrong way to eat a taco. But these are begging to be enjoyed alfresco with a few lime-kissed Mexican lagers.
2. Sweet Potato Noodles with Almond Sauce
Meet swoodles: They’re nutritious, yet decadent like regular pasta. And this creamy rendition will only take you 20 minutes to whip up.
3. Overstuffed Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle-Lime Yogurt
Sure, you can serve these baked beauties alongside grilled chicken. But they’re actually filling and impressive enough to take centerstage.
4. Cauliflower Sweet Potato Burgers
You’ve been burned by dry veggie burgers before. Luckily, these are ultra-moist thanks to sweet potatoes and cauliflower rice. The smashed avocado and spicy mayo don’t hurt either.
5. Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Because fries should never be off the table, no matter your diet.
6. Sweet Potato Hash Browns Made with a Waffle-Iron
Brace yourself. Brunch at your place is about to get an epic upgrade.
7. Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce
You’re only five ingredients away from these itty-bitty pillows of cheesy goodness.
8. Sweet Potato Rösti with Fried Eggs and Greens
Meet the latke’s sweet Swiss cousin that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. (Psst: Feel free to swap sweet potatoes for carrots or squash.)
9. Buffalo-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Did you know baked potatoes can last up to five days in the fridge? Just a 15-minute stint in the oven before serving and they’re ready to devour. Hello, meal prep.
10. Sweet Potato Crostini
Choose your topping: smoked salmon or cranberry-almond.
11. Quiche with Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Crust
Crispy, cheesy, low-carb and ever-so-chic.
12. Charred Sweet Potatoes with Pistachio-Chili Pesto
Fresh herbs, citrus, jalapeños and goat cheese bring this autumn side to life.
13. Sweet Potato, Tomato, Kale and Halloumi Sheet Tray
Maximum flavor, minimum clean-up.
15. Sweet Potato, Bacon and Broccoli Egg Muffins
Breakfast for a crowd has never been so easy. P.S., these muffins make a great second home for any sad-looking veggies in your crisper drawer.
17. Lemon-Roasted Potatoes, Chicken and Spinach with Tzatziki
Caesar? We don’t know her. This hearty make-ahead salad can be vegetarian if you trade chicken for chickpeas or beans.
18. Creamy Thai Carrot Sweet Potato Soup
Mix up this year’s Thanksgiving menu with ingredients like red curry paste, fresh ginger and tamari-roasted almonds.
20. Vegetarian Chili
One-pot meals never get old. And this one’s loaded with sweet potatoes, corn, chickpeas and black beans. Skip the sour cream and boom, it's vegan.
21. Skillet Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
Even your kids won’t be able to complain about this stick-to-your-ribs main.
22. Sweet Potato Granola
Toss cinnamon-spiced oats in sweet potato purée, coconut oil and honey, then bake. Twenty minutes later, you’ve got the fall breakfast of your dreams.
23. Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Curry
Eight ingredients and 30 minutes stand between you and the ultimate cold-weather comfort food.
24. Sweet Potato and Kale Grilled Cheese
Drizzle it with balsamic glaze and you’re in business.
25. Charred Sweet Potato and Steak Taco Bowl
The ancho chili marinade, spiked with lime, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, would taste great on shrimp, chicken or fish too.
26. Spicy BBQ Sweet Potato Chips
These crunchy bites blow store-bought chips out of the water. Skip the frying and bake them instead for a low-fat spin.
27. Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadilla
Even carnivores won’t be able to turn their noses up at this smoky lunchtime masterpiece.
28. Sweet Potato, Corn and Black Bean Enchiladas
A five-ingredient dinner for six? Ready in an hour? Be still our cheese-loving hearts.