Roasted Sweet Potato and Bacon Open-Faced Sandwich with Herbed Ricotta
When you’re craving a little something extra for lunch, skip the (soggy) salad and opt for this open-faced sandwich instead. It features roasted sweet potatoes, crispy bacon, butterhead lettuce and homemade herbed ricotta cheese on a slice of deliciously toasted Sara Lee® Artesano™ Potato Bakery Bread. Sad desk lunch? We think not.
1 small sweet potato, peeled, cut into ¼-inch rounds
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of smoked paprika
3 pieces bacon
¼ cup ricotta
1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
1 slice Sara Lee Artesano Potato Bread, 20oz
2 leaves butterhead (Boston) lettuce
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread sweet potato rounds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Toss to coat. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and, using a spatula, flip and push the sweet potato rounds to one half of the baking sheet. Arrange the bacon to the other half. Give the sweet potatoes another drizzle of oil if they look dry, then return to the oven and roast until the bacon is crisp and the sweet potatoes are evenly browned, another 10 to 15 minutes. (The potatoes may be done before the bacon.)
4. Meanwhile, prepare the herbed ricotta. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and herbs and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
5. To assemble the open-faced sandwich, spread the ricotta on the bread, then layer the sweet potatoes, bacon and lettuce on top.