Carrots pack a serious nutrient punch—namely, vitamin A, though they're also a decent source of vitamins K and C—but what really supports their status as a dinner table staple is the simple fact that they’re delicious. Make them sweet, savory, spicy, you name it. These orange root vegetables are versatile canvases for all your menu’s flavors. Here are 50 carrot recipes to treat yourself to.
The 50 Best Carrot Recipes in the Universe
1. Maple Glazed Carrots With Goat Cheese And Pistachios
Sweet glaze, tangy goat cheese a little crunch from the pistachios—what more could you want?
2. Carrot Pigs In A Blanket
Oh, hey, hors d’ouevres. We promise the kids won't miss the mini weenies one bit.
3. Carrot Gnocchi Pasta
Ditch the grains for this veggie-rich alternative.
5. Creamy Vegan Carrot Mac With Walnut-herb ‘parmesan’
A second helping? Don’t mind if we do.
6. One-pan Roasted Chicken With Carrots
Dinner will be ready in 30, with minimal dirty dishes to boot.
7. Cauliflower Rice Bowl With Curried Lentils, Carrots And Yogurt
In a word, wow.
8. Vegan Bacon
Carrot bacon? Go on, we're listening.
9. Slow-cooker Beef Stew
The coldest of winter days has nothing on this comfort food classic.
10. Whole Roasted Carrots
Aren't they pretty? We can hear your dinner guests' oohs and aahs already.
11. Vietnamese Noodle Salad
Trust us: It's easier to prepare than it looks.
14. Mini Carrot Cakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Skip dessert? Are you nuts?
15. Canal House’s Carrot Soup
Eight ingredients + three steps = homemade soup in just over an hour. Kudos.
16. Shaved Moroccan Carrot Toast
Put down the knife and step away from the avocado. You can do better.
17. Carrot-ginger Dressing
This 15-minute dressing boasts lots of bold flavors, thanks to scallions, grated ginger and peanut oil.
18. Spicy Carrot Salad With Chickpeas And Parsley
It gets all its heat from harissa, a spicy North African chili paste.
19. White Risotto With Corn, Carrots And Kale
Parmesan cheese and white wine? You're speaking our language.
20. Pomegranate-sumac Chicken With Roasted Carrots
Make sure to keep your carrot greens: They make for a gorgeous finishing touch.
21. Harissa And Honey-roasted Carrots
We can't decide what we're more obsessed with, the bed of tangy Greek yogurt or the nutty dukkah garnish.
22. Carrot Cake Doughnuts With Cream Cheese Glaze
The glaze thickens as it sits, so if you prefer a frosting-like texture, wait a few extra minutes before spreading it on the doughnuts.
23. Roasted Carrots On Pine Nut Hummus
Aka the most impressive five-ingredient appetizer you've ever served.
24. Whole Wheat Pineapple-carrot Cake Waffles With Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
Complete with raisins and chopped pecans. Oh, and a whole lot of syrup.
25. Smoky Glazed Carrot Dogs
Come on, this vegan masterpiece is straight-up genius.
27. Carrot Fritters With Cumin-lime Cashew Cream
Thanks to chickpea flour, these crispy cuties are gluten-free.
28. Carrot Cake Loaf
The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for the quick bread to cool before spreading on the cinnamon-cream cheese frosting.
30. Gluten-free Carrot Cake Truffles
Psst: They're held together by tangy cream cheese, white melting wafers and coconut flakes.
31. Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie
Start the morning with a glass of anti-inflammatory deliciousness. Your immune system will thank you.
32. Wholesome Carrot Muffins
Fresh-baked breakfast in just over a half-hour? That's worth getting out of bed for.
33. Carrot Dogs With Mango-avocado Salsa
The carrots are marinated in a tangy mix of soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup.
35. Zucchini Carrot Veggie Patties
Sure, they're paleo, keto and Whole-30 friendly. But most importantly, they're damn delicious (and super crispy).
36. Bombay Carrot Salad With Cashews And Raisins
Starring warm spices like yellow curry powder and ground turmeric.
38. Garlic Herb Carrots
Tarragon, parsley, dill—fresh herbs never hurt.
39. Creamy Thai Carrot Sweet Potato Soup
The roasted tamari almonds are a posh topper, but they're also divine to snack on all by themselves.
40. The New Crudité Platter
Nothing will get you crowned Hostess with the Mostest as quickly as serving fried zucchini blossoms and homemade avocado-ranch dressing.
41. Carrot Cake Pancakes
Shred the carrots instead of grating them. (Grating with a microplane releases too much moisture into the batter.)
42. Peas And Carrots Stew
Inspired by the Lebanese dish yakhneh, this stew is loaded with hearty cubed beef.
43. Orange Carrot Cupcakes
Orange-flavored Greek yogurt guarantees these turn out super moist.
Get the recipe
44. Roast Carrots With Cilantro-pistachio Carrot Top Purée
Carrot greens pesto? Groundbreaking.
45. Carrot-cumin Farro Risotto
The farro cooks in seasoned carrot juice instead of water.
Get the recipe
46. Healthy Broccoli And Cheese Soup
It starts with a base of roasted, puréed potatoes and carrots, which makes the soup super decadent and silky—no cream required.
47. Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
Whip up a batch on Sunday and you have breakfast for the whole week.
49. Mango Carrot Cake Swirl Bars
Tastes like carrot cake hopped a plane and took an epic tropical vacation.
50. Coconut Carrot Cake With Jammy Swirled Buttercream
Any berry jam will work, but raspberry gives the cake the bright, tart notes it deserves.