60 Vegetarian Dinner Recipe Ideas You Need to Try
Yay, you’re trying to cut back on meat. But don’t fall into the salad, pasta and stir-fry boredom spiral. Here are 60 vegetarian dinner recipe ideas you absolutely need to try.
For more veggie meal inspo, head to our vegetarian recipes board.
1. Pizza with Zucchini and Bell Peppers
This cheater’s veggie ’za starts with store-bought
2. Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
How much protein can we pack into one skillet? (Answer: a lot.)
3. Grilled Peach and Halloumi Salad with Lemon-Pesto Dressing
Introducing a salad that’s worthy of your Instagram page and won’t leave you feeling hungry.
4. Grilled Zucchini Chickpea Tacos
Just because you’re going meatless doesn’t mean you have to stick with salad. Bring on Taco Tuesdays.
5. Healthy Vegetarian Stir Fry
Trust us—you’re going to want to put this decadent cashew cream sauce on everything.
6. Cauliflower Meatballs
Yep. They exist. (And they’re delicious.)
7. Quick Guacamole Quinoa Salad
Looking for a meal that’s fast, easy and protein-rich? You’ve found it. (Oh, and it’s totally delicious, of course.)
8. Caprese Salad
The addition of zucchini adds a certain non lo so (that's Italian for je ne sais quoi) to this classic dish. Look at you, all fancy.
9. Turkish Egg and Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Sometimes you’ve just gotta eat breakfast for dinner. Tonight is one of those nights.
10. Baking Sheet Quesadillas
Making dinner for a crowd? Easy. Just don’t forget the salsa.
11. Whole-Wheat Spinach and Artichoke Pizza
Delivery? We laugh in the face of delivery. (And it only takes 30 minutes from start to finish.)
12. Blackberry-Peach Grilled Cheese
A summery update on a classic. (But it’ll still pair nicely with your favorite soup.)
14. Poblano and Portobello Fajitas
Fajita lovers rejoice—this family favorite is loaded with vegetables and flavor (and you can make it as spicy as you like).
15. Tomato Basil Soup
So much better than the stuff you can get from a can. Don’t forget extra bread for dipping.
16. Creamy Garlic Herb Mushroom Spaghetti
Swap out the boring marinara in a jar for something a little more interesting—and so much more decadent.
17. Cauliflower Fried Rice
Our favorite vegetable never disappoints, especially in this better-for-you-than-takeout dish.
18. Hearty Chickpea Noodle Soup
Loaded with veggies, chickpeas and hearty pasta, this guy is sure to fill you up.
19. Zoodle Stir-Fry
Swap out regular noodles for extra veggies. (Psst...It’s OK if there are no leftovers.)
20. Orecchiette with Spring Greens
Topped with roasted almonds for extra crunch. So simple, yet sooo good.
21. Garlicky Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
Tip: Make extra chickpeas and sprinkle them on everything.
22. Peanut Noodle Soup With Lime Mango
Easy enough for a weeknight but elevated enough for a weekend dinner party.
23. Gazpacho with Cucumber, Red Pepper and Basil
A refreshing warm weather soup that’s ready in just 15 minutes.
24. Rainbow Collard Wraps
Get your five-a-day in one sitting. Served with peanut dipping sauce because why the hell not?
25. Toasted Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Basil and Parmesan
Got dinner guests? Whip up this super-impressive meal in 30 minutes.
26. One-Pot Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese
Love cheese but hate doing dishes? This one’s for you.
27. Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Curried Lentils, Carrots and Yogurt
Who says eating healthy has to be boring? Not us.
28. One Pot Cacio e Pepe Israeli Couscous
We’re big fans of this cheese and pepper combo. Keep it simple and serve this guy on its own or dish it up as a hearty side.
29. Chickpea and Vegetable Coconut Curry
Got a curry craving? Ditch the takeout menu and whip this guy up instead.
30. Watermelon Poke Bowls
Crunchy, refreshing and fish-free.
31. Catalan Chickpeas and Spinach
Just because you’re going meatless doesn’t mean you have to stick with salad.
32. Irish Pub Spinach and Artichoke Melt
The homemade potato chips are a must.
33. One-Pan Eggs with Asparagus and Tomatoes
Proof that you don’t need meat to get your protein fix. And the best part? Practically zero dishes to wash up after.
34. Vegetable Lo Mein With Crispy Tofu
Add whenever veggies your heart desires.
35. Vegetarian Meatballs
The secret? Cauliflower, brown rice and quinoa. Even your meat-loving friends will be impressed.
36. Squash Coconut Curry
A hearty main dish that’s even better the next day for lunch.
37. Thai Salad and Cauliflower Rice Wrap
These guys are delicious on their own but you could also serve them with a side salad to make them even more filling.
38. Grilled Vegetables With Balsamic and Basil
Aka a taste of summer. You might wanna make extras of this one.
39. Vegan Tacos With Chipotle Lime Mayo
Well, doesn't that look spectacular? Hint: For extra creaminess, add smashed avocado on top.
40. Cacio E Pepe Pasta
Made with just four ingredients, this one’s a definite crowd-pleaser.
41. Mini Spanish Tortilla with Zucchini
We give you permission to eat directly from the skillet.
42. Easy 5-Ingredient Corn Soup
We’re obsessed with the crunchy sesame seed topping.
43. 10-Minute Macaroni and Cheese in a Mug
This is the stuff that dreams are made of.
44. Bibimbap Bowls
This traditional Korean dish gets a vegetarian twist.
45. Grilled Watermelon Steaks
No barbecue is complete without a few thick slabs of spiced watermelon on the grill.
46. Rainbow Vegetable Skewers
No filter necessary—they’re as naturally gorgeous as they are delicious.
47. Quiche with Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Crust
Same eggy, cheesy deliciousness, but with a crispy crust made of sweet potato slices. Now it’s your chic, tasty go-to for dinner.
48. Baked Zucchini ‘Ziti’ Spirals with Mozzarella
This lightened-up version of baked ziti has all the cheesiness but none of the carbs.
49. Vegetarian Sushi Cups
These little guys are the cutest.
50. Veggie Niçoise Salad with Red Curry Green Beans
Bright, vibrant and colorful, just like you.
51. Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Veggie steaks are so in right now.
52. Pesto Zoodles
Is it cool if we swim in this sauce?
53. Vegetarian Chili
Make a double batch and freeze it for a rainy day.
54. Roasted Beet Tartare
Ooh, aren’t you fancy?
55. Butter Baked Cucumber Tostadas
Never tried baked cucumbers? You’re totally missing out.
56. Roasted Cauliflower Sliders
Our favorite veggie strikes again.
57. Egg and Veggie Breakfast Bowl
It's perfect for any time of day, in our opinion.
58. Heirloom Pan con Tomate
You’ve indulged in Italian bruschetta more times than you can count. But have you met its Spanish cousin, pan con tomate?
59. Seasoned Steamed Eggplant
Eggplant has never been more silky soft, tender and delicious.
60. Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
Spoon over polenta, pasta or a pile of greens for a veggie-friendly main dish.