35 Low-Carb Vegetarian Recipes That Are Actually Tasty
A lot of low-carb diets (which, FYI, the American Academy of Family Physicians defines as an intake of 20 to 60 grams of carbohydrates per day) rely heavily on meat. But don’t fret, vegetarians. Plenty of plant-based options are light on carbs but still filling, thanks to tofu, healthy fats, fiber-rich veggies and legumes. Need some inspiration? Here are 35 low-carb vegetarian recipes we love.
1. Vegan Keto Coconut Curry (10g carbs)
Even if you’re not jumping on the keto train, this flavorful dish will satisfy your cravings. The tofu soaks up the sauce in a way that can only be described as *chef’s kiss.*
3. Turmeric-Spiced Cauliflower and Broccoli with Capers (13g carbs)
The best part about this sunny dish? You just toss everything together and pop it in the oven. Twenty-five minutes later, a star is born.
4. Cacio e Pepe Cauliflower (9g carbs)
It’s so luscious and cheesy, we might need to eat it in private.
5. Baked Eggs in Avocado (9g carbs)
There are boring healthy breakfasts (oats), unhealthy breakfasts (sticky buns) and exciting, filling, magical breakfasts (this guy).
6. Cold Sesame Cucumber Noodles (14g carbs)
Pick up a package of marinated, baked tofu at the store and dinner is already halfway done. Did we mention how much we love the tangy soy-vinegar dressing?
7. Zucchini & Tomato Ragù (7g carbs)
When you’re working with in-season vegetables, simple is almost always best. Top this 20-minute sauce with a poached egg and you’re good to go.
8. Tomato Salad with Grilled Halloumi and Herbs (8g carbs)
Who needs a giant steak when you have gooey grilled cheese?
9. Quiche with Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Crust (15g carbs)
Ditch the traditional crust and you’re left with a tasty and good-for-you go-to for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
10. Zoodle Stir-Fry (18g carbs)
You have 22 minutes to get dinner on the table. Ready? Go.
11. Meal-Prep Creamy Kale Caesar Salad (8g carbs)
This creamy homemade dressing beats anything you’ll find in the grocery aisles. It also takes like two seconds to make—a win-win.
12. Mini Eggplant Pizzas (13g carbs)
Not only are they low-carb and damn cute but they’re also way easier to make than whipping up a homemade pie.
13. Pesto Zoodles (14g carbs)
And the category is “freshly grated Parm.”
14. Sweet Potato, Tomato, Kale and Halloumi Sheet Tray (16g carbs)
When you want a homemade dinner but don’t actually feel like cooking, the baking sheet is your best friend. Plus, there’s almost no cleanup after.
15. Vegan Keto Everything Bagels (1g carbs)
Make ’em on Sunday night so you can grab and go all week long.
16. Cold Lemon Zoodles (8g carbs)
Get this: No actual cooking is required. Genius, right?
17. Vegan Spaghetti Squash with Mushroom Marinara Sauce (25g carbs)
It might not be exactly like your nonna’s version, but considering it tastes like it simmered all day, we feel confident it would still make her proud.
18. Baked Zucchini ‘Ziti’ Spirals with Mozzarella (18g carbs)
We’ll always have a soft spot for decadent, carb-y traditional baked ziti, but this equally cheesy version is doing a good job of filling in.
19. Charred Broccoli with Sriracha Almond Butter Sauce (25g carbs)
We’d like to eat this riff on Thai peanut sauce with a spoon.
20. Vegetarian Sushi Cups (25g carbs)
Wrapping up raw fish at home? Sounds like a lot of work. Chopsticks are optional for these cuties, but encouraged.
21. Grilled Peach and Halloumi Salad with Lemon-Pesto Dressing (21g carbs)
A salad that’s filling enough to be a meal? You can thank our BFF halloumi for that.
22. Cauliflower Fried Rice (23g carbs)
Instead of making you feel bloated and greasy (ahem, takeout), this 25-minute dish will fill you up in the best way possible. And when in doubt, put an egg on it.
23. 30-Minute Vegetarian Meatballs (12g carbs)
If we’re being honest, we were hooked at “masala sauce,” but the freezability of the meatballs is another strong selling point.
24. Zoodles with Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella (22g carbs)
Sorry, spaghetti. We’re breaking up with you and running away with this Italian-inspired number. (Fresh basil, on the other hand, we’ll never get tired of.)
25. Charred Cauliflower with Crunchy Garlic Chile Oil (8g carbs)
Meat need not apply: This side is spicy, sweet, crunchy and just as satisfying as any chicken dinner.
26. One-Pan Eggs with Asparagus and Tomatoes (13g carbs)
A 30-minute meal that works for breakfast, lunch or dinner—huzzah.
27. Creamy Gochujang Zoodles (21g carbs)
We’ll never get tired of zucchini noodles, especially when they’re smothered in a creamy, spicy sauce.
28. Avocado Greek Salad (12g Carbs)
You totally have 15 minutes to spare.
29. Cauliflower ‘Potato’ Salad (9g carbs)
When the carb cravings hit, cauliflower is here to sub in for potatoes! And yes, it works.
30. Keto Instant Pot Greek Cauliflower Rice (6g carbs)
Plain cauliflower rice is just fine. But this Greek cauliflower rice, from Jen Fisch is even better.
31. Cauliflower Tortillas (5g carbs)
Call all your keto friends! Taco Tuesday is super low-carb again!
32. Mexican Zucchini Boats Ingredients (24.5g carbs)
Possibly the easiest dinner you’ll ever make.
33. Baby Vegetables with Orange and Thyme (14g carbs)
It’s flavorful and easy, with pretty much no cleanup.
34. Crispy Tofu Bites (10g carbs)
You'll want it on hand for those times when you're craving a nibble but also want to keep it healthy-ish.
35. Rainbow Vegetable Skewers (3g carbs)
These rainbow vegetable skewers contain one ingredient each, so they’ll grill to perfection.