Vegan Keto Everything Bagels
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these vegan everything bagels topped with vegan cream cheese from Rodale’s The Essential Vegan Keto Cookbook are just the morning treat we’re craving. Plus, they’re easy enough to whip up in an hour on Sunday night—so you can grab and go all week long.
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
½ cup ground golden flaxseed
¼ cup psyllium husk powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
½ cup natural unsweetened, unsalted almond butter
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
¼ teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons vegan cream cheese, for serving
1. Make the Bagels: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease 6 sections of a doughnut pan with 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the ground flaxseed, psyllium husk powder, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, slowly whisk the almond butter with 1 cup warm water until smooth and combined. Add the flaxseed mixture to the almond butter mixture and stir with a spoon or spatula. Continue to mix until a moldable dough forms. Divide the dough into 6 even portions.
3. Make the Everything Seasoning: In a small bowl, mix the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic flakes, onion flakes and sea salt.
4. Press the dough portions into the greased molds. The easiest way to do this is to roll each portion into a long log first, then press it into a mold. Brush the bagel tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Sprinkle evenly with the seasoning mixture.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Serve each bagel with 1 tablespoon vegan cream cheese.