Vegetarian food is delicious, but sometimes it leaves a little something to be desired. (You know when you eat a big bowl of veggies and feel fabulous, and then an hour later it’s like you never even had dinner? Yeah, that.) The key is to load up on both high-protein ingredients like beans or tofu and high-fiber veggies to keep you full between meals. Here are 36 high-protein vegetarian meals for lunch and dinner that will keep you satisfied, from chickpea curry to falafel to vegetarian chili.
36 High-Protein Vegetarian Meals That Won’t Leave You Hungry
1. Portobello And Avocado Quesadillas With Magic Green Sauce
Cheese, beans and avocado add 16 grams of protein to this ridiculously tasty dinner. It’s fun to share, but we won’t blame you if you want to keep it all for yourself.
16. Roasted Squash And Tofu With Soy, Honey, Chili And Ginger
The most important step is thoroughly pressing the tofu so it gets as crispy as possible. It can be served as a side dish or as a main over white or brown rice.
19. Cauliflower Rice Bowl With Curried Lentils, Carrots And Yogurt
Can you believe the bowl and all its toppings (hi there, Greek yogurt) clock in at only 280 calories and 3 grams of fat? Cauliflower rice does it again.
21. Sweet Potato And Black Bean Tacos With Blue Cheese Crema
Taco Tuesday, meet Meatless Monday. You won't miss the beef one bit under all that four-ingredient crema.
22. Crispy Tofu Steaks With Broccoli Rabe And Romesco
The romesco is a breeze to whip up, thanks to jarred roasted red peppers and almond butter.
28. Creamy Vegan Lentil And Roasted Vegetable Bake
So creamy, so decadent—and without a single ounce of cream or cheese. Garlicky cashew cream and crispy pine nuts FTW.
30. Harissa Chickpea Stew With Eggplant And Millet
Millet has 9 grams of fiber per serving. Pair it with protein-rich chickpea stew and you'll stay full for hours.
31. White Beans With Rosemary And Caramelized Onions
Preparing beans from scratch is a labor of love, but it pays off every damn time.