14 Vegetarian Lunches That Will Actually Fill You Up
Let’s face it: Sometimes vegetarian lunches leave something to be desired. But we’re not settling for a pile of sad lettuce with a smear of hummus anymore. Say hello to 14 vegetarian lunches that will actually fill you up and keep you satisfied all day.
1. Black Rice Bowl with Figs, Radicchio, Pickled Radishes and Pepitas
Candied pepitas and black rice elevate this simple rice bowl that will have your coworkers peering over their cubicles.
4. Turmeric Spiced Cauliflower and Broccoli with Capers
Do a little meal prep on Sunday and enjoy this keto and vegetarian roasted cauliflower dish all week.
5. Veggie Niçoise Salad with Red Curry Green Beans
Most Niçoise salads come topped with tuna. Not this one. It’s so full of red curry green beans, potatoes, English cucumbers and radishes that you don’t miss the fish one bit.
6. Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich with Cranberries and Lemon
Who needs avocado toast when you have this hearty avocado sandwich? It’s packed with your favorite fruit mixed with chickpeas, dried cranberries and arugula.
8. Kung Pao Cauliflower
One of our favorite hacks? Swap cauliflower into all of your Chinese takeout favorites, including spicy kung pao.
11. Alison Roman’s Roasted Squash with Yogurt and Spiced Buttered Pistachios
Cook up a gorgeous seasonal lunch from one of our favorite cookbook authors, Alison Roman.
14. Shredded Brussels Sprout and Apple Salad
Crunchy shredded Brussels sprouts provide the base for Liz Harris’s filling salad—and did we mention the sliced apples cooked in maple syrup and crunchy pine nuts?