Winter is coming, and all you want to do is hide under a blanket until the sun sets later than 6 p.m. again. You could hibernate and survive on takeout for the next few months, or you could master these 80 cold weather recipes that will defrost your heart and stomach. Think hearty soups, casseroles, bakes and beyond.
80 Cold Weather Recipes That Will Warm You Right Up
1. Mac And Cheese With Crispy Parmesan-phyllo Crust
This baked comfort food classic is so decadent, it literally wears a crown...of flaky pastry.
2. Charred Cauliflower With Crunchy Garlic Chile Oil
The crisp char on this cauliflower replicates the flavor of steak, but it’s totally vegetarian and oh so satisfying.
6. Honey Mustard Sheet-pan Chicken With Brussels Sprouts
Barely any prep work is necessary for these juicy, crispy chicken thighs that bake with a side of veggies. It's the ideal meal for a cozy night in.
7. Antoni Porowski’s Moroccan-style Pasta Bolognese
Queue up the latest season of Queer Eye and start simmering Antoni’s lamb-based meat sauce.
12. 30-minute Coconut Milk Braised Chicken With Sweet Potatoes And Rice
Seasoned chicken is bathed in creamy coconut milk to create this ultimate night-in dinner. (Add a side of rice, naan or quinoa for a hearty meal.)
21. Skillet Gnocchi With Sausage And Broccoli Rabe
Thirty-minute recipes are prime for busy weeknights.
22. 5-ingredient Smoked Gouda-thyme Mac And Cheese
The definition of comfort food.
25. Pork Scallopini With Lemon, Capers And Radicchio
Almost all the ingredients needed to cook this 20-minute beauty are pantry staples.
27. Dijon-maple Chicken With Brussels Sprouts And Butternut Squash
And the trusty sheet pan does it again.
35. Pistachio-crusted Pork Tenderloin With Apple And Escarole Salad
You're only 40 minutes away from buttery, melts-in-your-mouth magic.
38. Baking-sheet Pizza With Olives And Sun-dried Tomatoes
When it comes to cheese, the more the merrier. That's why this pie is loaded with Parmesan, mozzarella and provolone.
51. Potato Chip-crusted Chicken With Arugula Pesto
This ain't your nonna's chicken parmigiana.
57. Harissa Chickpea Stew With Eggplant And Millet
If you're all out of millet, swap in quinoa or farro instead.
67. Sticky Orange Chicken With Caramelized Onions And Fennel
The citrus-sesame marinade doubles as a sauce.
70. Buckwheat Gnocchi With Cabbage, Potatoes And Fontina
Homemade pasta fit for a dinner party in 40 minutes? Color your guests wowed.
71. Pomegranate-sumac Chicken With Roasted Carrots
The traditional buttermilk chicken brine is spiked with sweet-tart pomegranate molasses, key in Middle Eastern cooking.