Baking-Sheet Pizza with Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
You don’t need a pizza stone or wood-burning oven to reach pizza nirvana. You can achieve that gorgeous, crackly crust with your trusty baking sheet. This recipe starts with store-bought pizza dough and ends with marinated olives from your grocer’s salad bar for extra flavor. Slice your pie into squares when it’s done for instant party food.
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1½ pounds pizza dough
1⅓ cups tomato sauce
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1½ cups diced provolone cheese
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1½ cups pitted marinated olives
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet with 3 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil.
2. Gently stretch the pizza dough over the baking sheet and then use your fingers to stipple the dough further. Brush the surface of the dough with the remaining olive oil and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Stipple the dough again; it should now stretch to the edge of the baking sheet. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough.
4. Sprinkle the Parmesan, mozzarella and provolone evenly over the sauce. Arrange the red onion, sun-dried tomatoes and olives in an even layer.
5. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown and the crust is well browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
6. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving warm.