Thanks to your Crock-Pot and store-bought biscuit dough, this ultra-creamy, veggie-packed slow cooker chicken potpie soup is a breeze to make. (Lucky for you, because the whole family will be instantly hooked.)
1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
1 pint cremini mushrooms, quartered
1 sweet onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
3 stalks celery, diced
½ cup all-purpose flour
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
One 15-ounce can peas, drained
One 15-ounce can corn, drained
½ cup heavy cream
⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
One 16-ounce package refrigerated biscuits
1 large egg
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh chives
1. Make the Potpie: In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine the chicken breast, mushrooms, onion, carrot, celery, flour and garlic cloves. Add the broth, bay leaf and thyme.
2. Turn the slow cooker on low and cook until the chicken is tender, about 7 hours.
3. Season the soup with salt and pepper. Stir in the peas, corn and heavy cream. Cook the soup until warmed through, about 30 minutes.
4. Make the Biscuit Topping: Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Separate the biscuits and place them on the baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon water; brush an even layer over each biscuit. Top each biscuit with shredded cheese.
6. Bake until the biscuit is fully baked and the cheese is golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then garnish with chives.
7. To serve, ladle the potpie into bowls and top each with chives and a biscuit.