35 Hearty Vegetarian Meals to Enjoy All Year Long
Butternut squash, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes—these are just some of our favorite hearty vegetables that make wonderfully filling meals. While vegetables are sometimes relegated to the sides, here they are front and center, from mushroom risotto to cauliflower meatballs. Here, 35 hearty vegetarian meals to enjoy all year long.
1. One Pot Vegetarian Chili
One thing we love about chili—beyond it being full of onions, peppers and black beans—is that you can make it all in a single pot.
2. Savory Tomato Cobbler with Blue Cheese Biscuits
You thought cobbler was only for sweet peaches and blueberries? Think again, thanks to this savory version from Coterie member Liz Harris.
4. Herby Buttered Mushroom Stroganoff
Where’s the beef? We don’t care. This stroganoff gets its “meat” from buttered mushrooms.
5. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
Roasted brussels sprouts tossed in garlic and topped with Parmesan cheese—say no more.
6. Vegan Kentucky Fried Chick’n
We’re game day ready with this vegan fried chicken. (You really can’t tell these seitan nuggets aren’t real chicken.)
9. Cauliflower Steak with Walnut-Kale Pesto
If anyone dares to say that vegetables aren’t filling, serve them this cauliflower steak with a walnut and kale pesto.
11. Hearty Sweet Potato, Arugula, and Wild Rice Salad with Ginger Dressing
This recipe combines plenty of your favorites: sweet potatoes, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and a savory ginger dressing.
12. Vegan Keto Coconut Curry
Don’t mind us—we’re licking the bowl of this tofu and vegetable coconut curry. (It’s keto too!)
14. Creamy Vegan Lentil and Vegetable Bake
Feeding a crowd? Whip up this lentil, cauliflower and butternut squash casserole.
15. Easy Creamy Tomato Soup with Parmesan Croutons
Is there anything that's more comforting than a bowl of creamy tomato soup? We got dibs on grilled cheese to go with it.
16. Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the most delicious. Case in point: A meal of red beans and rice, all cooked in your Instant Pot.
17. Vegan SRIRACHA 'MEATBALLS' WITH Noodles and Grilled Vegetables
Our condiment of choice, Sriracha, delivers its magic on these tofu “meatballs” and grilled vegetables.
19. Roasted Squash Salad with White Beans, Bread Crumbs and Preserved Lemon
This proves you don’t need a bed of greens for a salad.
20. Portobello Pot Roast
The Instant Pot has reminded us how much we all love a pot roast. Try this vegetarian version with portobello mushrooms, potatoes and carrots.
21. Roasted Fall Veggies
Need a quick and easy side dish? Simply roast the vegetables you have on hand from the farmers’ market.
22. One Pot Cacio e Pepe Israeli Couscous
What? You can combine our beloved Italian pasta dish with pearls of Israeli couscous? Weeknight dinner has never been better.
23. Vegetarian Miso Ramen with Rice Noodles, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Sesame Broccolini
Top Ramen? Not unless it includes roasted sweet potatoes, smoky tofu, brown rice pasta and maybe even a soft-boiled egg.
24. Cheater’s Vegetarian Pizza with Zucchini and Bell Peppers
This cheater’s veggie ’za starts with store-bought seeded flatbread which helps it stay crisp and cuts down on cooking time.
25. Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
How much protein can we pack into one skillet? (Answer: a lot.)
26. Grilled Zucchini Chickpea Tacos
Just because you’re going meatless doesn’t mean you have to stick with salad. Bring on Taco Tuesdays.
27. Healthy Vegetarian Stir Fry
Trust us—you’re going to want to put this decadent cashew cream sauce on everything.
28. Cauliflower Meatballs
Yep. They exist. (And they’re delicious.)
29. Quick Guacamole Quinoa Salad
Looking for a meal that’s fast, easy and protein-rich? You’ve found it. (Oh, and it’s totally delicious, of course.)
30. Turkish Egg and Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Sometimes you’ve just gotta eat breakfast for dinner. Tonight is one of those nights.
31. Baking Sheet Quesadillas
Making dinner for a crowd? Easy. Just don’t forget the salsa.
32. Whole Wheat Spinach and Artichoke Pizza
Delivery? We laugh in the face of delivery. (And it only takes 30 minutes from start to finish.)
33. Blackberry-Peach Grilled Cheese
A fun update on a classic. (But it’ll still pair nicely with your favorite soup.)
34. Poblano and Portobello Fajitas
Fajita lovers rejoice—this family favorite is loaded with vegetables and flavor (and you can make it as spicy as you like).
35. Creamy Garlic Herb Mushroom Spaghetti
Swap out the boring marinara in a jar for something a little more interesting—and so much more decadent.