37 Big-Batch Dishes to Feed a Crowd
Quick: You have ten family members coming over this weekend, and pizza isn’t going to cut it. Feed Uncle Bob, Aunt Suzy, Cousin Tyler and the whole crew with these delicious recipes for a crowd—from one-pan chicken dinners to big-batch breakfast dishes—you can throw together in no time.
1. White Pesto Spinach Lasagna (10 Servings)
Cheesy? Check. Bubbly? Check. Loaded with gorgeous good-for-you veggies like spinach and wild mushrooms? Triple check.
2. Slow-Cooker Crispy Carnitas (10 Servings)
In this big-batch gem, pork shoulder is simmered in the slow cooker for eight hours, yielding tender, fall-off-the-bone meat that’s fabulous in tacos, sandwiches and even with fried eggs.
5. Korean Beef Tacos (12 Servings)
These mind-blowing tacos come together in 35 minutes, featuring Sriracha mayo and caramelized kimchi.
6. Healthy Instant-Pot Turkey Chili (8 Servings)
The easiest way to cook for a crowd: dump all of the ingredients into your multi-cooker, then go live your life. In six hours, you’ve got a belly-warming dinner.
8. Baked Mac-and-Cheese Bites (10 Servings)
In less than an hour, you can have 48 of these delightful little bites on the table, baked with two kinds of gooey cheddar cheese.
9. Holy Mole Enchiladas (8 Servings)
Tweak this easy 40-minute recipe to make it spicy, gluten-free or vegan.
11. Roasted Squash Salad with Crispy Shallot & Balsamic Reduction (8 Servings)
With winter squash, pepitas, currants and macadamia-nut cheese, it’s a salad even salad-haters can get on board with.
12. Slow-Cooker Tater Tot Casserole (8 Servings)
Layered with ground beef, sharp cheddar, black beans and tons of tots, this crowd-pleaser is guaranteed to disappear in ten minutes or less.
13. Eight-Layer Hummus Dip (8 Servings)
This nutritious app is loaded up with pine nuts, pesto, sweet peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro and feta cheese. (Yum.)
14. Slow-Cooker Chipotle BBQ Meatballs with Garlic Toast (8 Servings)
These little bites can be prepped in advance and frozen until you need them.
15. BLT Pasta Salad (8 Servings)
The secret to this picnic favorite (besides a pound of bacon, of course)? Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar to make it tangy and a little bit sweet.
16. Zucchini Ricotta Galette (8 Servings)
If you’re in a dinner rut, listen up: This savory summer pie will elevate any meal, from a picnic lunch in the park with a bottle of wine to Sunday supper with the whole fam on the back patio.
17. Baked Brie with Figs, Pistachios and Orange (10 Servings)
Let us fill you in on a little secret: This sweet and savory baked cheese looks fancy, but it couldn’t be easier to make.
18. Korean Grilled Steak with Toasted Sesame Chimichurri (8 Servings)
Chef Tieghan Gerard tells us the key to a great flank steak is marinating it in something delicious for at least a few hours. Done and done.
19. Ravioli Lasagna Casserole (8 servings)
Forget lasagna noodles. In this dish, we layer ravioli (meat, cheese, mushroom—whatever kind you're feeling) for the most epic baked pasta dish ever. Trust us, this ravioli lasagna recipe will be your new big-batch dinner go-to.
20. Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole (6 servings)
The whole family will approve of this decadent dinner.
21. SPINACH ARTICHOKE SQUARES (12 servings)
We’re artichoke dip fans through and through. Add puff pastry, and we’re positively swooning. They’ve got the same cheesy goodness as the retro dip, without the need for crackers or chips.
22. PULL-APART BREAD WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND GOAT CHEESE (One 12-inch loaf)
Monkey bread is tasty, but we’ve made it 2 billion times. Enter the next generation: pull-apart bread with caramelized onions and goat cheese. All the fun of monkey bread…but so much more elegant. Make it for weekends, game days or dinner parties, but always serve warm.
23. DELICATA SQUASH RINGS WITH GARLIC-LEMON SAUCE (8 servings)
Onion rings better watch out: These easy, elegant squash bites are certain to steal the show. And about that dipping sauce: It’s just three ingredients, plus salt and pepper. Set out a plate at your next cocktail party and watch them disappear in five minutes flat.
24. MINI SKILLET PIZZAS WITH MUSHROOMS AND ROASTED TOMATOES (10 servings)
Two things everyone loves: pizza and mini food. Voilà, the most fool-proof appetizer ever. Use store-bough pizza dough and your guests will be none the wiser. The only tool you need to make these mini pizzas with mushrooms and roasted tomatoes? Your trusty cast-iron skillet.
26. CHEATER’S ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP (8 SERVINGS)
Parmesan, pasta, beans, kale and juicy meatballs…all in one bite? Say no more, we’re already on our way to your place.
28. Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Frittata (serves 6)
What looks super-fancy but takes virtually no effort to make for breakfast? Why, this slow-cooker Mediterranean frittata. You basically drop all the ingredients into your Crock-Pot and go about your business until it's ready. All mornings entertaining guests should be this easy (and delicious).
29. SHEET PAN EGGS WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CREAM CHEESE (12 SERVINGS)
Eggs are a breeze to cook for one, but they’re tough to make for a crowd. So the next time you’re having a bunch of friends over for brunch, here’s your secret weapon: sheet pan eggs with smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill. It’s tasty with toast and a mimosa—and even better on a bagel sandwich.
30. SUNDAY MORNING FRENCH TOAST (6 SERVINGS)
An entire batch of French toast made in a single dish? Yeah, we’re making this one for a weekend brunch, too.
31. QUICHE WITH GLUTEN-FREE SWEET POTATO CRUST (6 TO 8 SERVINGS)
Quiche is a breakfast classic. But quiche with a sweet potato crust? Wait for the crowd to go wild.
32. SPINACH AND CHEESE STRATA (6 SERVINGS)
Stratas are just the fancy breakfast casseroles of the brunch world. This one features plenty of gooey cheese, and it happens to be a great way to use up any leftover greens in the fridge. (No one will know.)
33. AMAZING MEXICAN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (12 SERVINGS)
What makes it amazing, you ask? It could be the fact that it’s make-ahead-friendly…or the copious amounts of avocado on top. We can’t decide.
34. SWEDISH CINNAMON BUNS TOPPED WITH SALTED CARAMEL (16 TO 18 SERVINGS)
FYI, most of the cooking time is hands-off…so you can sit back and bask in the glow of that golden-brown caramel sauce.
36. DEEP-DISH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE WITH CARAMEL AND SEA SALT
Remember those incredible cookie cakes your family would order every year on your birthday? Well, now it can be your birthday every damn day of the year.
37. PERFECT INSTANT POT NEW YORK CHEESECAKE (serves 8)
A beautiful cheesecake is great for every occasion, and honestly, a group setting is best for this easy-to-make dessert, because leftovers are dangerous.