BLT Pasta Salad
Raise your hand if you adore salad. (“Bueller…?”) We get it. That’s because you haven’t met BLT pasta salad. It combines all the crunchy, savory, creamy ingredients of the classic sandwich—minus, well, the bread (because pasta is way more fun).
1 pound bacon
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound pasta
½ cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 medium tomatoes, cut into small wedges
1 avocado, diced
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange the bacon on the baking sheet; season generously with black pepper. Bake until the bacon is crisp, 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from the pan from the oven and cool completely.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the packageinstructions, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and cool to room temperature.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
4. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, tomato, avocado and romaine. Crumble the bacon into the salad.
5. If serving immediately, add the dressing and toss well to coat. Or leave undressed and store in the refrigerator for up to two days.