74 Summer Seafood Recipes You Can Whip Up in No Time
Craving mussels? And scallops? And steamed clams? You have impeccable timing. You see, summertime and seafood go hand in hand. That’s because it’s as easy to cook as chicken, but tastes lighter and fresher on a hot, humid day. And thanks to these 74 knockout summer seafood recipes—including tomato poached cod, citrus shrimp salad and homemade paella, to name a few—you don’t need to take a trip to the beach to eat lobster rolls (or fish tacos) under the stars.
1. Tomato-Poached Cod with Fresh Herbs
When you want to eat fancy but with minimal effort, this dish is your best bet. It’s ready in 25 minutes. (Really!)
4. Buttermilk-Battered Pan-Fried Fish Fillets
Psst: You can use Bisquick as a shortcut when breading the fillets.
6. Sheet-Pan Miso-Glazed Fish with Broccoli and Coconut Rice
One pan and dinner’s done. Dirty dishes who?
7. Turmeric White Fish with Peanuts and Chili-Lime Cucumber
This 20-minute dish has a lot more going on than your usual roasted salmon, but is just as easy to make.
8. Seared Scallops with Green Peas, Mint and Shallots
These scallops taste like a restaurant menu item, but take about 5 minutes to cook on the stove.
10. Camarones al Mojo de Ajo (Shrimp in Garlic Sauce)
Serve it with lots of crusty bread to soak up the remaining garlic sauce.
11. Jake Cohen’s Iraqi Roasted Salmon with Tomato and Lemon
Feel free to prepare the caramelized onions and tomato paste topping a few days in advance, and store them in the fridge or freezer.
12. Moules-Frites (Steamed Mussels and Fries)
Proof that you don’t have to go to Belgium to indulge in this delightful dish.
14. Salmon Noodle Bowls with Chili-Yuzu Relish and Pickled Radishes
It’s adaptable to whatever leftover vegetables you have lingering in the refrigerator, like broccoli, edamame and carrots or cucumber instead of radishes.
15. Sheet-Pan Honey Tahini Salmon with Chickpeas and Couscous
Minimal prep, modest cooking time and almost no cleanup—this one checks all the right boxes.
16. Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
They’re buttery and bright, minus the carbs. (More room for a glass of white wine, we say.)
17. Honey-Mustard Sheet Pan Salmon
A large fillet looks impressive when it reaches the table, but no one needs to know it took zero extra effort.
20. Crispy Baked Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
They’re spicy, crunchy and pretty much the definition of summer.
22. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
The homemade mango salsa takes this dish over the top.
23. Wild Alaska Salmon and Smashed Cucumber Grain Bowls
Behold, a healthy meal that doesn’t take more than an hour to make.
25. Shrimp Boil Skewers with Corn, Sausage and Potatoes
Bonus points if you serve these on a newspaper-lined picnic table.
26. Salmon and Fennel Dinner Salad
The salmon offers richness, the couscous adds heft and the creamy dressed vegetables feel indulgent (but aren’t in the least).
27. Ginger-Pineapple Shrimp Stir-Fry
It’s like a flavor firework in your mouth, and it’s ready in 20 minutes.
32. Bacon-Wrapped Black Cod with Spinach and Capers
Black cod is buttery and rich, but this recipe works with any firm white fish.
33. Baked Fish and Chips
Crispy, crunchy, salty and vinegary (in a great way).
35. Whole Roasted Branzino with Shaved Fennel Slaw
Pull this one out when you’re really aiming to impress. (The prep time is just ten minutes.)
36. Lobster Risotto
It’s timelessly elegant and date-night-ready.
38. Mediterranean-Style Steamed Clams
If you’ve never cooked clams before, prepare to be delighted by how simple it is. (Just make sure to clean them really well—they’re sandy.)
39. Garlic Basil Barramundi Skillet with Tomato Butter Sauce
We’re obsessed with this sustainable, flaky white fish.
40. Mahi Mahi With Chimichurri Sauce and Broccolini
It's healthy but it doesn’t taste like a sacrifice—our kind of dinner.
41. Fish Taco Salad
Let’s make taco salad Tuesday a thing this summer.
42. Shrimp and Pasta Stew
Save this hearty dish for a late summer night, when the weather is just starting to get chilly again.
44. Loaded Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad
You might want to make a double batch of the ginger vinaigrette—it’s that good.
45. Crab Cakes
They’re a summer classic, and best paired with lots of lemon juice and homemade remoulade.
46. Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
Beautiful enough for guests. Easy enough for weeknights.
47. Baked Lemon Butter Tilapia
Bonus: You can sub in pretty much any type of seafood.
49. Hawaiian-Style Crispy Garlic-Butter Shrimp
This sweet-yet-savory dinner tastes like vacation.
50. Gluten-Free Maja Fish Tacos With Chipotle Cream Sauce
Your family just hit the dinnertime jackpot.
51. Coconut Shrimp
It’s a total crowd pleaser, and you don’t have to go to a restaurant to enjoy it.
53. Oven Baked Mahi Mahi with Macadamia Crust
This Whole30- and paleo-approved recipe has just three ingredients.
55. Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Shrimp
Bring on the crunchy texture and umami flavor.
56. Grilled Halibut With Tomato Avocado Salsa
Throw in any produce you have on hand; we’re partial to homegrown cherry tomatoes.
57. Salmon Burgers with Slaw
They’re crispy on the outside, and flaky and tender on the inside. Serve with an extra dollop of yogurt if you so desire.
58. Honey Garlic Salmon Lo Mein Meal Prep
Best. Lunch. Ever.
59. Shrimp and Crab Seafood Rolls
You’ll want to make this at least once a week. Eat it alfresco with an ice-cold beer for the full effect.
60. Achiote Grilled Fish Tacos
Two thumbs way up for achiote, which is peppery, nutty, sweet and earthy.
61. One-Pan Lemon Roasted Salmon
Since the cleanup is a breeze, it’s practically designed for weeknights.
63. Grilled Swordfish with Smoked Paprika and Herbed Fruit Salsa
Simple ingredients? Check. Totally delicious? Double check.
64. Coconut Lime Shrimp Packets with Summer Veggies
You get different flavors and textures in every bite, plus everything cooks in its own little packet.
66. Spicy Fish Taco Bowls with Mango Pico
We bet you can’t order this beauty at your go-to salad spot.
67. Mini Lobster Rolls
Let’s be honest: It’s tough to make a bad lobster roll. But somehow, the mini version tastes *that much* better.
70. Poke Burrito
Talk about a “wow” factor. These days, you can find sushi-grade tuna in many well-stocked grocery stores, but your local fishmonger is also a safe bet.
71. Summer Shrimp and Charred Corn Pasta Carbonara
This is what (summertime) dreams are made of.
73. Crab Artichoke Toasts
Consider these your new go-to appetizer for every summer soirée this season.
74. Lemon Dill Salmon with Vegetables in Parchment
The salmon gently steams inside its parchment packet, and comes out flaky and tender every time.