35 Quick and Easy Side Dishes For Fish
Whether you’re throwing it on the grill or baking it in the oven, you’re going to need a side to round out your fish dinner. From cauliflower rice to ratatouille, you’re guaranteed to find what you’re looking for in one of these 35 side dishes for fish.
1. Corn and Tomato Salad with Feta and Lime
We paired two of our favorite in-season vegetables in one summery side dish. Behold, a corn and tomato salad that will taste great on tacos, in pasta or all by itself.
2. Gluten-Free Cauliflower Gnocchi Pomodoro
Whether it’s ravioli, tortellini or spaghetti, we’ll never turn down a big plate of pasta. This veggie-based wonder is no exception.
3. 20-Minute Burrata Salad with Stone Fruit and Asparagus
No time? No problem. This recipe is a cinch to pull together, but your guests will be too busy being impressed to notice.
6. Rainbow Vegetable Skewers
Fire up the grill, the veggies are coming. The secret is sticking to one veggie per skewer so they all cook evenly without burning.
7. Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Sriracha and Lime
If there’s a sweet potato fan club out there, we’d like to join. These only need five additional ingredients to come together.
10. Ultra Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
We’ve never met a French fry we didn’t like. But we definitely prefer mess-free baking to deep-frying.
11. Lemon-Tahini Salad with Lentils, Beets and Carrots
Precooked lentils make this recipe a total breeze. But in our book, the tahini dressing is the star.
12. Cauliflower ‘Potato’ Salad
When the carb cravings hit, cauliflower is here to sub in for potatoes. Don't knock it 'til you try it, folks.
13. Cacio e Pepe Brussels Sprouts
Make it rain Pecorino Romano. These sprouts take 35 minutes to make (and way less to devour).
14. Charred Cauliflower with Garlic Tahini Sauce
Our favorite veggie strikes again. It's steamed until tender, then broiled until crispy.
15. Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Barley Risotto
Ooh, so fancy. Bookmark it now for your next dinner party.
16. Oven-Roasted Beets and Potatoes
When you really want to impress your guests...without doing too much work. Thanks, cast-iron skillet.
17. Sweet Corn, Tomato and Zucchini Grain Salad with Peach-Dijon Vinaigrette
Borage and nasturtium flowers? A salad never looked so pretty.
18. Greek Orzo Stuffed Red Peppers
Hi, gorgeous vegetarian dinner. We’re already thinking about how great the leftovers are going to be.
19. Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprout Bites
A side sauce never hurts. Lemony Dijonnaise FTW.
This dish is basically oven-roasted produce, like zucchini, squash and eggplant. It pairs perfectly with shrimp, salmon, cod—you name it.
21. Vegan Potato Salad with Herbed Tahini Sauce
No picnic is complete without potato salad, so why not make a vegan one everyone can enjoy? The dressing is everything.
22. Baked Cauliflower with Pomegranate Seeds and Thyme
Cool if we have seconds? Stuff your turkey with it or serve it solo.
23. Cauliflower Rice
Sometimes you just gotta keep it simple. The world cauli rice is your oyster.
24. Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Chèvre Ranch
Four words: Goat. Cheese. Ranch. Dressing. Did we mention it's ready in 15 minutes?
26. Sage-Barley Risotto with Butternut Squash
You don’t have to be a chef to master this recipe. It calls for barley instead of arborio rice, which cooks way faster.
28. Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad
This oh-so-impressive pick only takes 35 minutes. We love the addition of tart dried cherries in place of typical dried cranberries.
29. Greek Wedge Salad
The original is wonderfully simple, but all that bacon and blue cheese...oof. Try this lighter take on for size instead.
31. Coconut Creamed Spinach
Trade traditional dairy for coconut milk—the result is just as creamy. We'd serve this beauty alongside salmon.