The Best Way to Eat Corn Is Grilled and Covered in Spicy Aioli
There's one side dish that makes every summertime meal better: corn on the cob. Do us a favor, though. Instead of boiling the ears and then dousing them with butter and salt, make this recipe for grilled corn drizzled with spicy aioli. It's an easy--and absolutely delicious--upgrade.
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, very finely minced
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1½ tablespoons Sriracha
4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons lime zest
¼ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon garlic powder
6 ears of corn, husks pulled back or removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat your grill (get it nice and hot).
2. Make the Spicy Aioli: In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the garlic, paprika and Sriracha to combine. Set aside.
3. Make the Grilled Corn: In a small bowl, mix the butter with the lime zest, coriander and garlic powder to combine. Brush each ear of corn with about 2 teaspoons of the butter mixture.
4. Once the grill is hot, grill the buttered corn until it is well charred on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Season the corn with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the corn warm, drizzled with the spicy aioli to taste.