Brussels Sprouts Skillet with Crispy Pancetta-Garlic Bread Crumbs
Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprout Bites
Photo: Liz Andrew/Styling: Erin McDowell
In our humble opinion, crispy Brussels sprouts should be a food group. And these oven-baked Parmesan Brussels sprout bites are practically perfection. Dish them up with tangy dipping sauce and cute toothpicks and then watch them disappear like magic.
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of cayenne
2 large eggs
1 cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
Flaky salt, for finishing
⅓ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 lemon, halved
Chopped fresh chives, for finishing
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Set out three wide, shallow bowls. In one, stir together the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne.
3. In the second bowl, whisk the eggs well to combine.
4. In the third bowl, mix together the panko, Parmesan and melted butter.
5. Working in batches, dredge the Brussels sprouts first in the flour mixture, then in the egg, then in the panko mixture, tossing well to coat fully.
6. Transfer the Brussels sprouts to the prepared baking sheet and spread them into an even layer.
7. Bake until the Brussels sprouts are golden brown, tossing occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Season the Brussels sprouts with flaky salt to taste. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and juice from half the lemon. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges.
9. Garnish the Brussels sprouts and aioli with lemon wedges and chives. Serve the Brussels sprouts immediately, with the aioli for dipping.