Between unwrapping presents, staying in your pajamas until noon, entertaining relatives and eating all the holiday cookies you can handle, who has time to plan and cook an extravagant holiday menu? Allow us to be the first to say it: You do. Presenting 67 Christmas dinner ideas that will inspire your palate, including recipes for brisket, turkey, roast chicken and beyond.
67 Christmas Dinner Ideas That Anyone Can Cook (and Everyone Will Love)
3. Pistachio-crusted Pork Tenderloin With Apple And Escarole Salad
Pork tenderloin has a reputation for being dry and sad. This one is tender, buttery and totally festive.
4. Alison Roman’s Swordfish With Crushed Olives And Oregano
This effortless, elegant dish will convert even the most stubbornly anti-seafood guests. And did we mention it takes only 30 minutes from start to finish?
6. Slow Cooker Turkey Breast With Orange And Herbs
You barely have to lift a finger to make the most stunning, succulent turkey this holiday has ever seen.
12. Dorie Greenspan’s Sheet-pan Balsamic Chicken With Baby Potatoes And Mushrooms
This is a dish best served with wine and a fireside glow. (And in one pan, no less!)
17. Pork Scallopini With Lemon, Capers And Radicchio
Thought you had to spend hours on a gourmet dinner? Think again, because this one takes 20 minutes.
23. Turkey Roulade With Cherry And Sausage Stuffing
This baby roasts in only two hours. Better yet, the light and dark meat roast together, so a juicy final product is basically guaranteed.
25. Bacon-wrapped Black Cod With Spinach And Capers
A nine-ingredient main that only takes 40 minutes? Sounds like a Christmas miracle to us.
26. Sweet Potato Gnocchi In Herbed White Wine Sauce
The vegetarians at your table will be thrilled (and the meat-eaters jealous).
27. White Wine Braised Short Ribs With Buttered Mushroom Cream Sauce
Might we suggest serving these over our 20-minute mashed potatoes?
30. Honey Mustard Sheet-pan Chicken With Brussels Sprouts
If you're only feeding a few people this year, look no further than this sheet-pan wonder. It's a cinch to clean.
31. One-pan Roasted Salmon With Potatoes And Romaine
Speaking of minimal mess, this 40-minute recipe has your protein, starch and greens covered in one single pan.
32. Sticky Orange Chicken With Caramelized Onions And Fennel
Fennel is a great winter pick, but feel free to use bok choy, green beans or any other veggies you have on hand.
35. Roasted Potato Galette With Crème Fraîche And Smoked Salmon
Indulge at dinner with a green salad or serve it up for brunch with a mimosa.
36. Chicken With Feta Cheese, Dill, Lemon And Harissa Yogurt
Ooooh, what a pretty centerpiece. We can hear your guests already: “turkey who?”
48. Vegetable Wellington With Mushrooms And Spinach
There's truly nothing frozen puff pastry can't do. You won't miss the beef one bit, promise.
51. Creamy Vegan Lentil And Roasted Vegetable Bake
Most comfort food has meat or dairy. But this dish puts caramelized veggies, decadent cashew cream and crispy pine nuts front and center.
55. Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed With Barley Risotto
Sure, creamy risotto tastes divine in a bowl (or heck, straight from the pot). But we have an even better idea...
57. Easy Skillet Linguine With Trumpet Mushroom ‘scallops’
Not only are sautéed trumpet mushrooms an uncanny scallop substitute, they're way cheaper and easier to cook than the real thing.
61. Vegan Butternut Mac And ‘cheese’ With Smoky Shiitake ‘bacon’
Make this vegan dish and everyone will think you’re a professional chef. (Or a magician.)
62. Potato-chip Crusted Chicken With Arugula Pesto
The whole family likes chicken parm, right? (Silly question.) Well, this potato-chip crusted chicken with arugula pesto, is like chicken parm but so much better.
63. Winter Squash Galette With Caramelized Onions And Gruyère
With this recipe in our back pocket, we're ready for whatever winter brings.
63. Carrot, Fennel And Miso Soup
Sure, the vegetables are deeply caramelized for maximum flavor. But let’s also give a shoutout to the sweet and salty seed-nut crunch.
64. Dorie Greenspan’s Potato-parm Tart
If you want to look like a professional pastry chef, this cheesy, starchy galette is the ticket.
65. Jammy Upside-down Onion Tart
Or switch up your savory tart game with this gorgeous allium number. It’s ready in less than an hour and pairs perfectly with a crisp green salad.
66. Rigatoni With Vodka Sauce
Deck the halls with the easiest vodka sauce you’ll ever make.
67. Skillet Roast Chicken With Schmaltzy Potatoes
The Grinch’s roast beast has nothing on this golden brown chicken. (The secret is brining it in buttermilk a day ahead.)