If lamb intimidates you to the point that you never try cooking it, you’re missing out on some seriously delicious dishes. It’s a super versatile protein that pairs just as beautifully with Middle Eastern spices and Mediterranean sides as it does mashed potatoes and mint jelly. Whether you’re grilling it for kebabs, molding it into burger patties or crafting a killer gyro, these 40 lamb recipes will solidify the protein’s spot in your dinner rotation.
40 Lamb Recipes to Whip Up All Year Round, from Gyros to Pasta Bolognese
1. Antoni Porowski’s Moroccan-style Pasta Bolognese
11. Australian Lamb Meatballs With Buttery Lemon Orzo And Tzatziki Sauce
Savory, herbaceous lamb meat and cool, tangy yogurt sauce are basically the Mediterranean PB&J. The tender garlic butter orzo is just gravy.
20. Greek Lamb Meatballs With Avocado Goddess Sauce
21. Slow-cooker Rosemary And Garlic Balsamic Lamb Sandwiches
Crisp, peppery arugula and crumbled feta cheese are just the match for sweet balsamic glaze and tender lamb shoulder.
23. Lamb Burger With Harissa Mayo And Pickled Red Cabbage
28. Greek Lamb Souvlaki Plates With Avocado Tzatziki
We can’t decide what to drool over first, the smoky lamb skewers, fresh oregano potatoes or dill-infused tzatziki sauce.
30. Roasted Rack Of Lamb With Basil-goat Cheese Sauce
If there’s cheese involved in a lamb recipe, odds are it’s feta, due to its popularity in the Mediterranean. But goat cheese’s salt and tang is just as satisfying (and its signature earthy funk is also a nice bonus).