Heirloom tomatoes: always a hit served with little salt, pepper, balsamic and burrata. But why not get more creative with summer’s tastiest (and most photogenic) treat? Presenting 23 heirloom tomato recipes to use your farmers' market haul on.
23 Heirloom Tomato Recipes You Need to Try
1. Rainbow Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
It’s quick, easy and on the table in 15 minutes. (Phew.)
3. Savory Tomato Tart
Summery slices of heaven will keep you coming back for more.
4. Heirloom Tomato Carpaccio
Eating a tomato in Tuscany is a heavenly experience. Bring that experience to your dinner table with this gorgeous five-minute recipe.
5. Heirloom Tomato Goat Cheese Salad
This salad is basically a vehicle for goat cheese. (And we’re not talking about a few crumbles, either.)
6. Everything Bagel Tomato Galettes
Shh—these everything "bagels" are made from store-bought pie crust.
7. Heirloom Tomato, Beet And Burrata Salad With Basil Oil
Quick tip from the pros: Fresh tomatoes always go well with burrata.
10. Heirloom Tomato Frico Cups
These Parmesan “cups” are not only easy to make; they’re also adorable.
11. Bourbon Caramelized Bacon And Heirloom Tomato Blt
Also included: fried eggs and smoked Gouda.
13. Eggs Baked In Tomatoes
We're guessing you already have both of the ingredients you need to make this recipe—ripe tomatoes and a carton of eggs. Hello, last-minute breakfast (or dinner).
14. The Best Damn Tomato Soup
Hint: roasting involved.
15. Grilled Cheese And Tomato Soup Casserole
Meet the remix of two old classics, sure to be a smash hit at the dinner table.
16. Roasted Tomato Cheddar Tart With Ranch Seasoning
All the flavors of summer, please.
17. Peach Tomato Caprese Salads
It's basically summer on a plate.
18. Heirloom Tomato Pesto Pan Pizza
This guy was built for the dinner table. (And Instagram.)
19. Summer Bliss Bowls With Sweet Potato Falafel And Jalapeño Ranch
With a hearty salad like this, what more could you ask for?
20. Savory Tomato Cobbler With Blue Cheese Biscuits
Turns out, cobblers aren’t only for dessert. This savory dish is a great way to showcase ripe tomatoes.
21. Classic Caprese Salad Recipe
Few things are more satisfying than a plateful of ripe tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese.
22. Tomato And Basil Pasta
Tomato and basil: The ultimate “it couple.”
23. Heirloom Tomato And Peach Salad
Sweet, crunch and crispy, this salad is loaded with tons of fresh ingredients.