Everything Bagel Tomato Galettes
Unless you’re a baking sorceress, making everything bagels from scratch probably isn’t part of your repertoire. Everything bagel galettes, on the other hand? They’re quick, easy and ready to eat right out of the oven. Is it brunch yet?
2 rounds of store-bought refrigerated pie dough
¾ cup scallion cream cheese
3 medium tomatoes, thickly sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons everything bagel spice
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On a lightly floured surface, unroll one round of pie dough and flatten it. Cut it into three even circles about 2½ inches in diameter—you can use a cookie cutter or freehand it with a small knife. Repeat with the second round of pie dough.
3. Transfer all six circles of dough to the prepared baking sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese on each piece, leaving about ½ inch exposed around the edge.
4. Top each galette with 2 or 3 slices of tomato. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the tomatoes.
5. Fold the edge of the dough up and over the tomatoes all around the perimeter to encase the filling.
6. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 2 tablespoons water to combine. Lightly brush the egg wash evenly over the pie crusts. Sprinkle ½ tablespoon everything bagel spice over the crust on each galette.
7. Bake until the crust is golden brown and very crisp, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.