90 Easy Summer Dinners That Everyone Will Love
Fact: Summer produce makes every cold, dark day in February worth it. Summer squash, tomatoes, cucumbers and corn practically whip themselves up into gorgeous, mouthwatering meals. And when the weather's warm, you belong outside in a breezy maxi dress, not sweating in a hot kitchen. These easy summer dinner ideas don't take long to whip up or use every single pan in the kitchen. So, they're perfect for those balmy nights when the sun’s still out, it’s 85 degrees and you really don't want to be standing at the stove. Here are 90 easy summer dinner recipes to devour in the backyard, from sweet-and-sour pork skewers with pineapple to butter-baked cucumber tostadas.
3. Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Is your mouth watering yet? Bring this to every potluck you're ever invited to—it's sure to wow the host and their guests.
6. Greek Chicken and Rice Skillet
Aka an easy but impressive way to feed a crowd. Might we suggest serving it alfresco at your next intimate dinner party with a bottle of white?
8. Summer Skillet Gnocchi with Grilled Corn and Burrata
This one-pan wonder comes together in just 30 minutes, so the recipe is prime for an impromptu BBQ.
9. Zucchini Ricotta Galette
It tastes like you spent hours making it (hint: you didn’t, thanks to store-bought pie crust).
10. Sweet-and-Sour Pork Skewers with Pineapple
It’s totally OK to use your grill pan in the off-season, but be sure to use the real deal come summertime. It's only fair to the pineapple, which will be at its most delicious then.
11. Skillet Roast Chicken with Peaches, Tomatoes and Red Onion
Who knew juicy fruit paired so magically with chicken thighs? It's just the centerpiece for your next backyard soiree.
13. Baked Caprese Chicken Skillet
If it were up to us, every dinner recipe would be this darn easy.
15. One-Pot, 15-Minute Pasta Limone
Throw all of the ingredients in the pot and boil ’em. Just like that, dinner is served.
16. Chickpea and Vegetable Coconut Curry
You only need 30 minutes to create this impressive and satisfying dinner, since it stars pantry staples like frozen peas, canned chickpeas and canned coconut milk.
17. Butter-Baked Cucumber Tostadas
Roasted cucumbers are so in right now. But TBH, you had us at sriracha mayo.
19. Skillet Pasta with Summer Squash, Ricotta and Basil
Everything cooks in a single skillet. Because the weather is too nice to be cooped up doing dishes.
20. Lime Chicken with Corn and Poblano Salad
File this gem under How to Feed Four People for Less Than Ten Bucks.
21. Summer Glow Bowls
PureWow Coterie member Jess Larson shares our love of hearty bowls, and this one includes grilled chicken, quinoa and a sweet-and-spicy curry vinaigrette.
24. Chopped Italian Salad Pizza
Store-bought dough makes this pie a breeze. And all the vegetables on top basically make it healthy, right?
25. Shredded Thai Salad with Avocado
This might just be the prettiest salad you'll ever make (and definitely one of the tastiest).
26. Savory Heirloom Tomato Tart
Ah, store-bought puff pastry. The ultimate cheat for making easy recipes look oh so impressive.
27. Crock-Pot Corn Chowder
Yes, you can (and should) use your slow cooker in the summer. It sure beats turning on the oven and heating up the whole house.
29. Zoodles with Summer Vegetables
The farmers market is your oyster this summer.
30. Roasted Drumsticks with Tomatoes
We like to think of this baked chicken dish as the summer equivalent of a casserole. Can you believe you're only six ingredients away from enjoying it?
32. Mini Spanish Tortilla With Zucchini
Your quest for an interesting way to cook zucchini ends here. Save half this single-serve cutie for breakfast the next day.
33. Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce
The creamy sauce is everything. Serve the skewers with olives and sliced cucumber for dipping.
34. Stone Fruit Cucumber Salad With Ricotta Salata, Purslane and Golden Balsamic Miso Vinaigrette
It’s a midsummer night’s dream.
35. Steak Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce
Cutting steak into neat pieces, skewering it and roasting it to juicy perfection is as easy as 1-2-3, so try your hardest to not be intimidated.
36. Quick Guacamole Quinoa Salad
This one’s fast, easy, healthy and protein-rich, thanks to black beans.
37. Sheet-Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp
Psst: You can entertain a whole crowd with nothing but five ingredients and 25 minutes of your time.
38. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Blue Cheese Crema
Meatless doesn’t have to equal meager. Rich blue cheese sauce and diced avocado take these tacos over the top.
39. Shrimp Boil Skewers with Corn, Sausage and Potatoes
We just hacked the traditional shrimp boil so it’s not only mess-free, but also elegant.
40. Slow-Roasted Citrus Salmon
It’s begging to be enjoyed alfresco in the backyard.
41. Easy 5-Ingredient Corn Soup
The crunchy sesame seed-brown butter topping elevates the soup tenfold.
43. Moules-Frites (Steamed Mussels and Fries)
Cooked in a garlicky white-wine sauce, this dish is ready in just thirty minutes and destined to wow the whole party. Bon appétit.
44. Abundance Kale Salad with Savory Tahini Dressing
And you thought that a salad couldn't fill you up. Crispy chickpeas for the win.
45. Citrus and Shrimp Avocado Salad
Pan-seared citrus shrimp + buttery avocado + crunchy sliced almonds = a meal worth bragging to your trainer about.
46. Zucchini Basil Soup with Crème Fraîche and Pickled Corn
Crème fraîche sounds fancy, but it lives right next to its humble cousin, sour cream, in the dairy aisle.
49. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
Cue the palm trees and a piña colada.
50. 15-Minute Lemony Broccolini Pasta
So much more interesting than jarred marinara, and a pleasantly surprising BBQ appetizer, if we do say so ourselves.
51. Ginger-Pineapple Shrimp Stir-Fry
A speedy, single-serve dinner to enjoy solo that rivals your favorite takeout dish.
52. One-Pan Roasted Salmon with Potatoes and Romaine
We *love* making our protein, starch and veggie in one shot, and so will you.
53. Zoodle Stir-Fry
Feel free to add some chicken or any additional veggies you’re craving (or that you forgot about in the fridge...) that day.
54. Roasted Brussels Sprouts Quinoa
Easy, healthy and delicious? Guess dreams really do come true—it's a summertime miracle.
55. Summer Panzanella Salad
Salad with bread > salad without bread. Don't @ us.
56. 5-Minute Veggie Coconut Wraps
These little guys have totally stolen our hearts. Picture grain-free coconut wraps slathered with hummus and curry paste, then filled with fresh produce.
57. Cheater's Skillet Paella
Behold, the quintessential meal for a summer dinner party. This feast takes just one hour from start to finish.
58. Parmesan-Ranch Chicken Thighs
Fun fact: These chicken thighs taste exactly like they’re fried. Lucky for you, they’re anything but.
59. Pork Scallopini With Lemon, Capers and Radicchio
This bright, briny number will shake you out of your dinner rut. Bye, boring chicken breast and broccoli.
60. Blackberry Peach Grilled Cheese
Juicy berries give this grilled cheese an elevated, seasonal twist. (We won't tell if you have seconds.)
61. Salmon Bowl With Farro, Black Beans and Tahini Dressing
Also known as a power bowl. Can you guess why?
62. Beer Bratwursts with Dijon Coleslaw
Boiled hot dogs? Meh. These tangy brats give you an excuse to pile on the toppings.
63. Chicken and Snap Pea Stir-Fry
Soy sauce, vinegar and Sriracha pack a ton of flavor into this easy 20-minute dinner.
67. Artichoke Garden Flatbread
This delightful dish is ready in just 15 minutes.
68. Crispy Baked Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
Pretty much the epitome of summer, from the homemade slaw to the lime-kissed tilapia.
69. Coconut-Lime Fried Shrimp with Mango-Peach Jalapeño Sauce
That sauce though…
70. Lobster BLTs
We love lobster rolls. Like, a lot. But these salty, crispy handhelds are totally unexpected.
71. Spring Roll Bowls
This noodle-salad hybrid is basically like a deconstructed spring roll, so you won't have to fuss with the tricky wrappers.
73. Honey-Lime Chicken and Veggies in Foil
Just pop the packets on the grill and let them cook to juicy perfection—no cleanup required.
74. Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
Kale’s way tastier when it’s paired with pasta. (But you already knew that.)
75. Curry Noodles with Broccoli Rabe and Purple Cabbage
Spaghetti with marinara sauce? Yawn. Mix things up with this Thai-inspired alternative instead.
76. Orecchiette Ragu
This one-pot wonder is ready in 30 minutes and wants a spot in your weekly dinner rotation.
77. Greek Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
Forget the sad, dry turkey burgers you've had before. This one is light, flavorful and perfectly juicy.
78. Grilled Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Warning: Your guests just might think you ordered these 20-minute cuties from a nearby Thai restaurant.
79. 15-Minute Cucumber-Avocado Blender Soup
We can't decide where to start, the uber-creamy, refreshing soup or the Asiago-encrusted baguette.
81. Italian Orzo Tuna Salad
Mayonnaise haters, rejoice. This recipe calls for a tangy lemon-Dijon dressing instead, plus tender orzo pasta, feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
82. Instant Pot Ribs
We're never as eager to get our hands dirty as we are when we're faced with a rack of smoky brown sugar ribs.
83. Camarones al Mojo de Ajo (Shrimp in Garlic Sauce)
A 15-minute meal has never looked this good or been this simple to make. We're talking six ingredients (including salt and pepper), most of which you likely have on hand right now.
84. Grilled Barbecue Chicken
Eat it plain, shred it for a salad or debone the pieces for a saucy sandwich.
85. Corn Fritter Caprese with Peaches and Tomatoes
Y'all, they're basically corn-scallion pancakes. If that isn't enough to convince you, maybe the fresh mozzarella will.
88. Cold Lemon Zoodles
A "pasta" dish that's no-cook? Sign us up. Just whisk the dressing, toss the zoodles et voilà.
90. Yellow Tomato Gazpacho
Since this cold soup calls for the juiciest yellow tomatoes and the ripest peaches you can find, it's basically summer in a bowl.