76 Easy Summer Dinner Ideas That Everyone Will Love
Fact: summer produce makes every cold, dark day in February worth it. Summer squash, tomatoes, cucumbers and corn practically whip themselves up into gorgeous, mouthwatering meals and when the weather's gorgeous, you belong outside in a breezy maxi dress, not sweating in a hot kitchen. These easy summer dinner ideas take just a few minutes to whip up and don’t use every single pan in the kitchen. So they're perfect for those balmy nights when it's 7 p.m., the sun’s still out and it’s 85 degrees and you don't really want to be spending the night in front of the stove. Here 76 recipes to get your creative juices flowing.
1. Spicy Corn Carbonara
Corn, bacon and just a touch of Parm = completely irresistible.
2. Grilled Peach and Halloumi Salad with Lemon-Pesto Dressing
Now this is what we call a dinner salad.
3. Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Is your mouth watering?
4. Grilled Flatbread Pizza with Artichoke, Ricotta and Lemon
No oven necessary.
6. Greek Chicken and Rice Skillet
An easy but impressive way to feed a crowd.
7. Cauliflower Sweet Potato Burgers
Smashed avocado and spicy mayo take these family-friendly sammies over the top.
8. Summer Skillet Gnocchi with Grilled Corn and Burrata
This one-pan wonder cooks for 30 minutes.
9. Zucchini Ricotta Galette
It tastes like you spent hours making it (hint: you didn’t).
10. Sweet-and-Sour Pork Skewers with Pineapple
It’s totally OK to use your grill pan.
11. Skillet Roast Chicken with Peaches, Tomatoes and Red Onion
Juicy fruit pairs magically with chicken thighs.
12. Poblano and Mushroom Tacos with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Way more interesting than ground beef.
13. Baked Caprese Chicken Skillet
If it were up to us, every recipe would be this darn easy.
14. Baked Sesame-Ginger Salmon in Parchment
No pots or pans required.
15. One-Pot, 15-Minute Pasta Limone
Throw all of the ingredients in the pot and boil ’em.
16. Chickpea and Vegetable Coconut Curry
You only need 15 minutes to create this impressive and satisfying dinner.
17. Butter-Baked Cucumber Tostadas
Roasted cucumbers are so in right now.
18. 15-Minute Mezze Plate with Toasted Za’atar Pita Bread
Finger food is the best food.
19. Skillet Pasta with Summer Squash, Ricotta and Basil
No dishes, no problem.
20. Lime Chicken with Corn and Poblano Salad
Best of all, you can make this dish for about ten bucks.
21. Summer Glow Bowls
PureWow Coterie member Jess Larson shares our love of hearty bowls.
22. Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Beautifully seasoned, just like a filet mignon.
24. Chopped Italian Salad Pizza
Store-bought dough makes this pie a breeze.
25. Shredded Thai Salad with Avocado
This might just be the prettiest salads you'll ever make (and definitely one of the tastiest).
26. Savory Summer Tomato Tart
Ah, puff pastry: So impressive-looking, but so easy.
27. Crock-Pot Corn Chowder
Yes, you can (and should) use your slow cooker in the summer.
29. Zoodles with Summer Vegetables
Thy farmers’ market market haul.
30. Roasted Drumsticks with Tomatoes
The summer equivalent of a casserole.
31. Skillet Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes
It’s totally foolproof, we promise.
32. Mini Spanish Tortilla With Zucchini
Your quest for an interesting way to cook zucchini ends here.
33. Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce
The creamy dipping sauce is everything.
34. Stone Fruit Cucumber Salad With Ricotta Salata, Purslane and Golden Balsamic Miso Vinaigrette
It’s a midsummer night’s dream.
35. Steak Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce
Cooking steak intimidates us. There, we said it. But cutting it into neat pieces, skewering it and roasting it to juicy perfection is as easy as 1-2-3.
36. Quick Guacamole Quinoa Salad
This one’s fast, easy and protein-rich (thanks to black beans).
37. SHEET-PAN GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP
Aka the easiest way to feed a crowd.
38. Sweet Potato And Black Bean Tacos with Blue Cheese Crema
Meatless doesn’t have to equal meager. Rich blue cheese sauce and diced avocado take these tacos over the top.
39. Shrimp Boil Skewers With Corn, Sausage and Potatoes
We just hacked the shrimp boil so it’s not only mess-free but also elegant.
40. Slow Roasted Citrus Salmon
It’s begging to be enjoyed alfresco.
41. Easy 5-Ingredient Corn Soup
The crunchy sesame-seed brown butter topping takes this one to a whole new level.
42. Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
The whole fam will be obsessed.
43. Moules-Frites (Steamed Mussels and Fries)
Cooked in a garlicky white-wine sauce, this dish is ready in just thirty minutes. Bon appétit.
44. ABUNDANCE KALE SALAD WITH SAVORY TAHINI DRESSING
And you thought that a salad wouldn't fill you up.
45. Citrus and Shrimp Avocado Salad
Best of all, it’s totally make-ahead.
46. Zucchini Basil Soup with Crème Fraîche and Pickled Corn
Crème fraîche sounds fancy, but it lives right next to its humble cousin, sour cream, in the dairy aisle.
48. Cauliflower Lentil Grain Salad with Pesto and Pickled Radishes
Oh, mighty cauliflower. Is there anything you can’t do?
49. Spicy Shrimp Tacos With Mango Salsa
Cue palm trees and a piña colada.
50. 15-Minute Lemony Broccolini Pasta
So much more interesting than jarred marinara.
51. Ginger-Pineapple Shrimp Stir-Fry
A speedy dinner for when you’re flying solo.
52. One-Pan Roasted Salmon with Potatoes and Romaine
We love making our main course and sides all at once.
53. Zoodle Stir-Fry
Feel free to add some chicken or any additional veggies you’re craving that day.
54. Roasted Brussels Sprouts Quinoa
Easy, healthy and delicious? Guess dreams really do come true.
55. Summer Panzanella Salad
When bread counts as salad…
56. 5-Minute Veggie Coconut Wraps
These little guys have totally stolen our hearts.
57. Cheaters' Skillet Paella
This feast takes just one hour, start to finish.
58. Parmesan-Ranch Chicken Thighs
Fun fact: These chicken thighs taste exactly like they’re fried. Lucky for you, they’re anything but.
59. Pork Scallopini With Lemon, Capers and Radicchio
Let go of boring chicken breast and broccoli.
60. Blackberry Peach Grilled Cheese
Juicy berries give this grilled cheese an elevated, seasonal twist. (We won't tell if you have seconds.)
61. Salmon Bowl With Farro, Black Beans and Tahini Dressing
Also known as a power bowl. Can you guess why?
62. Beer Bratwursts with Dijon Coleslaw
Microwaved hot dogs? Meh. These tangy brats give you an excuse to pile on the toppings.
63. Chicken and Snap Pea Stir-Fry
Soy sauce, vinegar and Sriracha pack flavor into this easy 20-minute dinner.
64. Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
It’s corn season, y’all.
66. Thai Beef Bowls with Rice Noodles
Way better than your average salad.
67. Artichoke Garden Flatbread
This delightful dish is ready in just 15 minutes.
68. Crispy Baked Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
Pretty much the epitome of summer.
69. Coconut-Lime Fried Shrimp with Mango-Peach Jalapeño Sauce
This sauce though…
71. Spring Roll Bowls
It’s like noodles and salad had a really delicious baby.
73. Honey-Lime Chicken and Veggies in Foil
Best of all, there’s no cleanup.
74. Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
Kale’s way better when it’s paired with pasta.
75. Curry Noodles with Broccoli Rabe and Purple Cabbage
Spaghetti with marinara sauce? Yawn.