What’s not to love about pineapple? Its juicy, sweet-tart flavor complements everything from spicy grilled chicken to tangy teriyaki (and don’t get us started on dessert). But did you know its peak season is March through July, aka right now? From tacos to pizza to upside-down cake, here are 30 pineapple recipes that are refreshing, unexpected and oh-so-tropical.
30 Pineapple Recipes That Are Refreshing and Unexpected
How to Pick a Ripe Pineapple
Because a pile of fruit at the grocery store can be overwhelming, here’s how to know if that pineapple is ripe and ready to eat: It should feel firm but yield slightly when squeezed, feel heavy for its size, and smell sweet and tropical. If it’s mushy, measly or vinegar-scented, it’s not the one.
3. Grilled Pineapple Split Sundae With Cherry Sauce
Confession: We’d like to bathe in this sauce. Grilling the pineapple brings out even more of its natural sweetness.
8. Juicy Green Pineapple Smoothie With Mint, Basil And Spirulina
It’s nutritious and delicious, aka worth getting out the blender for.
10. Halloumi Tacos With Pineapple Salsa And Aji Verde
The salty halloumi gets charred on the outside and gooey on the inside without totally falling apart, making it a top-notch taco filling.
13. Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Tacos With Jalapeño Ranch Slaw
The filling cooks in about 30 minutes, which is plenty of time for you to gather the toppings.
19. Brown Sugar Honey Marinated Salmon With Caramelized Pineapple Quinoa
Healthy and easy—what more could you want?
26. Shrimp Bowls With Coconut Cilantro Lime Rice And Pineapple Salsa
A sweet and spicy salsa is the best foil to smoky shrimp.
30. 30-minute Sweet Thai Chili Peanut Chicken And Grilled Pineapple Stir-fry
It tastes like you were cooking for hours.