Chopped Italian Salad Pizza
PSA: It’s time to ditch your sad lunch salad. This chopped Italian salad pizza is a far better way to eat your greens. Plus, thanks to store-bought dough, the thin and crispy-crusted beauty is as easy to toss together as your go-to bowl of kale.
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound pizza dough
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Pinch dried oregano
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 head Bibb lettuce
1 cup microgreens
½ small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
½ cup pepperoncini
1 cup drained bite-size fresh mozzarella balls
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Gently stretch the pizza dough out over the baking sheet, then use your fingers to stipple the dough further. Brush the surface with another 1 tablespoon olive oil, and let rise in a warm place for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and oregano. Gradually whisk in the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Spread the ricotta in an even layer on top of the dough. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer to the oven and bake until the pizza dough in golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
6. When the pizza is done, let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, microgreens and salad dressing. Transfer to the pizza, and garnish with an even layer of red onion, pepperoncini and mozzarella balls. Serve immediately.