52 Taco Recipe Ideas to Get You Through Every Tuesday of the Year
Taco Tuesday is our favorite day of the week. But the usual suspects (read: ground beef with shredded cheese and basic fixings) can get a little, well…stale. Here are 52 taco recipe ideas—aka a year’s worth of weekly meals that will bust you out of your dinner rut for good.
1. Crispy Cauliflower Tacos
BRB, going for a swim in homemade queso.
2. BLT Tacos
The bacon crisps up on a baking sheet in the oven for minimal mess.
3. Slow-Cooker Pork Carnitas
Just season, set and forget the pork shoulder in your Crock-Pot until it’s fall-apart tender.
4. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Blue Cheese Crema
Taco Tuesday does Meatless Monday.
5. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
One bite and boom: You’re at the beach with a cocktail in hand.
6. Pancake Tacos with Cheese and Bacon
We have a feeling these will become your kids’ new favorite breakfast.
7. Flank Steak Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
The salsa is crunchy, citrusy and ridiculously refreshing.
8. Poblano and Mushroom Tacos with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
File under Sneaky Ways to Convince Kids to Eat Vegetables.
9. Chicken Tacos
The only downside to hard taco shells? All the filling falls out once you take a bite. These are fried after being filled, so all the goods stay in place. Genius.
10. Jackfruit Tacos with Grilled Pineapple
This tangy tropical fruit is the ultimate plant-based meat alternative.
12. Crispy Baked Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
Nothing says summer quite like lime-kissed, battered tilapia.
13. Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese Tacos
Drape corn tortillas over your oven racks to turn them into taco shells with flat bottoms.
14. Chicken Tinga Tacos
Starring a punchy chipotle blender sauce.
16. Slow-Cooker Korean Short Rib Tacos
The briny dill pickle cuts right through the heat of the gochujang.
17. Rajas con Hummus Tacos
A dollop of labneh? Don’t mind if we do.
18. Biscuit Lime Fish Tacos
The only thing better than fried fish? Fried fish on a flaky biscuit.
19. Easy Black Bean Tacos
Greek yogurt-lime crema > store-bought sour cream.
20. Deep Fried Avocado Tacos
Consider these a one-way ticket to your happy place.
21. American Breakfast Tacos
To the maple syrup versus hot sauce dilemma, we say: ¿Por qué no los dos?
22. Mexican Street Tacos
Carne asada + onion + lime + cilantro = proof that sometimes, less is more.
23. Life-Changing Crispy Baked Fish Tacos
These panko-crusted gems are topped with cilantro-lime slaw and four-ingredient chipotle crema.
24. Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
Oh, honey-sweet chili mayo, where have you been all our life?
25. Birria Tacos
If you’re not washing each taco down with a shot of the savory stew juice (aka consomé), you’re doing it wrong.
26. Quinoa Black Bean Tacos
A healthy vegetarian main worth adding to your weekly rotation.
27. Baked Beef Tacos
The melted cheese in these baked tacos will make this your new favorite way to prep the meal. Trust.
28. Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Complete with garlicky, herbed ranch dressing.
30. Korean Beef Tacos
You had us at caramelized kimchi (OK, and again at sriracha mayo).
32. Ground Turkey Tacos
Just as easy to prepare as beef, but with a fraction of the fat.
33. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Cilantro Lime Slaw
Pop the shrimp on the grill instead of cooking them in a skillet if the weather allows.
34. Vegetarian Crispy Cactus Tacos
Nopales, no problem—especially when they’re drizzled in avocado sauce and black bean-corn relish.
35. Philly Cheesesteak Tacos
Behold, the most epic mashup we never knew we needed.
36. Shrimp Tacos
Toss the leftover shrimp atop a salad for tomorrow’s lunch.
38. Griddled Chipotle Chicken Tacos
They’re stuffed with chicken, refried beans, onions and cheese, then toasted like a quesadilla.
39. Grilled Chipotle Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa
Choose your favorite white fish or make them vegan by substituting Portobello mushrooms or tofu instead.
41. Salsa Verde Lentil Tacos with Mango-Pomegranate Pico
Go the extra mile and make your own salsa verde or save time with canned salsa verde or green enchilada sauce.
42. Greek Lamb Tacos with Minted Yogurt Sauce
Who knew tacos and gyros got along so well?
43. Austin-Style Breakfast Tacos
No wonder they say everything’s bigger in Texas.
44. Slow Cooker Tacos Al Pastor
This summery meal stars roasted pork shoulder and pineapple.
45. Zucchini Rajas Salmon Tacos
If you’re not into spicy food, this rendition of rajas trades poblano peppers for cool zucchini.
46. Street Corn Chicken Tacos
Four words: Jalapeño. Lime. Cashew. Sauce.
47. Pea Guacamole and Seared Halloumi Soft Tacos
If you’re bored by meatless tacos, seared slabs of salty halloumi cheese will change your mind.
48. Grilled Steak Tacos with Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce
Catch us making these for every barbecue we ever host.
49. Mushroom Al Pastor Tacos with Garlic Lime Special Sauce
Swap pork for meaty cremini mushrooms in chipotle-pineapple marinade.
50. Blackened Salmon Tacos with Forbidden Rice and Mango Guacamole
Heart-healthy never looked so damn delicious.
51. Ground Beef Tacos
OK, we said no run-of-the-mill ground beef tacos. But we’d be lying if we said they didn’t hold a special, nostalgic place in our hearts (and tummies).
52. Chocolaty Dessert Taco Bar
Cookie shells filled with chocolate mousse and topped with everything from berries to edible rose petals? Swoon.