50 Easy Kid-Friendly Dinners The Whole Family Will Love
What if we said you could have an extra, freebie hour every day? Well, thanks to these super-speedy kid-approved dinners…you basically can. Spend less time in the kitchen and more time helping out with that science project (or just kicking back with a glass of wine, darnit). From classic pasta recipes to inventive ways to serve veggies, here are 50 kid-friendly dinners to please everyone in the family.
1. 20-Minute Free Form Chicken Potpie
Puff pastry is the ultimate time-saver.
2. Veggie Sheet Pan Nachos
Coterie member Maria Lichty has finally figured out a way to get kids to eat a pile of vegetables…without hiding them.
3. One-Pot, 15-Minute Pasta Limone
You know the kid who doesn’t like “sauce”? This one’s for her.
4. Blackberry-Peach Grilled Cheese
Totally sophisticated enough for Mom, too.
5. Avocado and Black Bean Pasta Salad
Swap in your kid’s favorite pasta shape.
6. 12-Minute Chicken And Broccoli
Sweet and salty FTW.
8. Instant Cup of Noodles with Spiralized Vegetables
Stash in the fridge and pour boiling water over when you need dinner ready, stat.
9. Cauliflower Sweet Potato Burgers
You’ll love this low-carb recipe just as much as the little ones.
10. Eggplant Pizza
Get the kids to help you make this easy veggie dish.
11. Enchilada Skillet Lasagna
Psst, it’s OK to nix the chile if spice is a deal-breaker.
12. Pancake Tacos with Cheese and Bacon
Breakfast for dinner: exciting every time.
13. Italian Sausage Hoagies
Whip up these beauties with jarred marinara sauce and Italian seasoning.
14. Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich
Whoa, rainbows really do have magical powers.
15. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Casserole
All of the greatest hits combined.
16. 20-Minute Healthy Chicken Parm
PSA: many grocery stores now sell frozen zoodles.
18. Waffle Breakfast Sandwich with Chorizo
Everyone will go bonkers when you announce breakfast for dinner.
19. Baked Quinoa Chicken Nuggets
Fun fact: Quinoa is a complete protein. It’s also gluten-free.
20. Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Pasta Salad
Now this is a salad preschoolers can get behind.
21. Baking Sheet Quesadillas
Bookmark this one for when the kids have friends over: It’s ready in 20 minutes uses only one dish.
22. Garlic Breaded Roast Chicken Breast
Crispy chicken—without frying—right this way.
23. Carrot Pasta
The ultimate answer to “How do I get my kids to eat more veggies?”
24. Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Double the recipe and stash half in the freezer for nights when you’re tempted to order in.
26. Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage
Bonus: This crowd-pleaser is less than $5 a serving.
27. Buffalo Cauliflower Nuggets
Saucy and flavorful (but not too spicy).
28. Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
A classic that never quits.
29. Eggplant Parm Casserole
For those nights when you need a hearty meal that'll satisfy your whole crew.
30. Rainbow Thai Chicken Salad
Trust us, kids will love the peanut butter dressing.
31. The Ultimate Chicken Potpie
Oh hi, old friend.
32. Polenta Ragu Casserole
As satisfying as lasagna, minus the fussy, fragile noodles.
33. BLT Tacos
Bacon wins every time.
34. The Ultimate Pasta Pie
Seal the deal by telling everyone you’re serving pie for dinner.
35. General Tso's Cauliflower
Wayyy better than takeout.
37. Cauliflower “Tater” Tots
Don’t forget the ketchup.
38. Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
So good, the kids (and you) will want to lick their plates.
39. Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Our favorite cruciferous veggie strikes again.
40. Chicken and Carrot Cups
When in doubt, put everything in a muffin tin and bake it. The shape is a guaranteed hit with the pre-K set.
41. Parmesan-Ranch Chicken Thighs
They’ll be hooked at the first mention of ranch.
42. Skillet Pizza
If you have flour, cheese and a can of tomatoes, you have the makings of the ultimate kid-pleasing dinner.
43. Chicken and Snap Pea Stir-Fry
Oh, your kid hates bell peppers? No big deal, trade them for another crisp and sweet veggie, like carrots.
44. Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta with Peas
Yes, your kids can see the peas, but the sweet butternut squash sauce with cream cheese more than makes up for it.
45. Slow-Cooker Pork Carnitas
Win over the whole family at dinnertime.
46. Pasta Alla Norma
Best of all, you can make four servings for less than $10.
47. Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
You could use this as a fridge-cleanout opportunity, or let your kids pick and choose the fillings.
48. Black Pepper Chicken
A clean version of a takeout favorite that’s ready in 30 minutes.
49. White Turkey Chili with Avocado
If regular chili is too exotic for your kids, try a white chili.