Sure, homemade pizza dough is a fun (and tasty) Saturday-afternoon project. But sometimes you want that same delicious flavor without all the work. That’s where this grilled flatbread pizza with artichoke, ricotta and lemon comes in. Jump-started with store-bought flatbread, it’s the crispest thin-crust pizza you’ll ever taste—no kneading necessary.
1½ cups ricotta cheese
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large or 2 small flatbreads
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1½ cups marinated artichoke hearts
½ lemon, thinly sliced
1 cup baby spinach
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
Crushed red-pepper flakes, for serving
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice and black pepper.
3. Brush both sides of the flatbread with olive oil and grill until lightly toasted and warm, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
4. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly on the flatbread and top with the artichokes and lemon slices. Grill until the ricotta mixture loosens slightly and the pizza is well heated, about 3 minutes.
5. Transfer the pizza to a serving platter and garnish with the spinach, basil and crushed red-pepper flakes.