The 67 Best Grilling Recipes to Cook and Eat All Summer
It’s hard to beat the pleasure of grilling your dinner over an open fire—and when the forecast is in the upper 80’s, it’s also a no-brainer for low-effort meals. (Turn our kitchen into a fiery pit of doom just to roast some vegetables? We’d rather not.) From appetizers to mains to dessert, there’s really nothing the grill can’t handle. Whether you’re team charcoal or team gas, here are the 67 best grilling recipes to make this summer and beyond.
1. Grilled Jerk Chicken Cutlets with Mango Salsa
The cinnamon and spicy cayenne flavors in the jerk seasoning pair magically with juicy, zesty mango.
2. Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Proof that grilling isn’t always about steaks and chops.
5. Tomato Salad with Grilled Halloumi and Herbs
See? With some fresh-picked tomatoes and charred halloumi, you’re on your way to a stunning side (or main).
7. Crispy Grilled Chicken
PB&J, chicken and grilling—some combinations just work.
8. Pasta Florentine with Grilled Chicken
The hint of smokiness from the grilled chicken takes this creamy pasta to the next level.
9. Grilled Caprese Skewers with Halloumi and Sourdough
Homer Simpson might’ve said, “you don’t win friends with salad,” but when it’s on a skewer and includes both bread and cheese, we beg to differ.
10. Grilled Pesto Chicken Couscous Bowls
Even store-bought pesto has a way of spicing things up.
11. Summer Skillet Gnocchi with Grilled Corn and Burrata
Try this one-pan wonder with a glass of white wine in the backyard. (Psst: It’s ready in under an hour.)
12. Jackfruit Tacos with Grilled Pineapple
We can’t believe it’s not meat! Seriously, barbecued jackfruit bears an uncanny resemblance to pulled pork.
14. Grilled Watermelon-Feta Skewers
Come summertime, we’re sneaking watermelon into as many meals as possible.
15. Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Avocado-Cilantro Sauce
You get major bonus points if you use a gorgeous purple variety of cauliflower, but any color will taste equally delicious with that sauce.
16. Vegan Sriracha ‘Meatballs’ with Noodles and Grilled Vegetables
Sad vegan veggie bowl, we hardly knew ye.
17. Shrimp Boil Skewers with Corn, Sausage and Potatoes
These are best eaten on a newspaper-lined picnic table with lots of melted butter (and napkins).
18. Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese Tacos
Who said veggie tacos were boring? Toss everything on the grill and dinner will practically make itself.
19. Rainbow Vegetable Skewers
This is hands down the prettiest way to eat your vegetables.
20. Cheater’s Prosciutto Hawaiian Pizza
Swap the ham for prosciutto, give the pineapple a little char and now we’re in business.
21. Rodney Scott’s Honey-Butter Fish
The sweet honey butter is just the thing to pair with that spicy, smoky barbecue rub.
22. Strawberry Shortcake Skewers with Whipped Cream
If the coals are already hot, you might as well make dessert right next to your dinner.
23. Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce
They’re not exactly the same as a vacation to Mykonos…but they’re close.
24. Steak Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce
Don’t sleep on this spicy, herbaceous chimichurri: It adds much-needed balance to all that meat.
25. Sriracha Shrimp Skewers with Collard-Peach Salad
A quick tip when you’re cooking with skewers: If you’re using wooden ones, be sure to soak them in water for about 30 minutes before grilling so they don’t catch fire. And if you’re using metal skewers, wear a heat-safe mitt to protect your fingers.
26. Smoky Barbecued Corn
Nothing against butter and salt, but this elote-inspired topping is *chef’s kiss*
27. Pomegranate-Maple Glazed Lamb Chops
Are you like a restaurant chef or something?
28. Sweet-and-Sour Pork Skewers with Pineapple
They’re a little bit retro and a whole lotta delicious.
29. Charred Cauliflower with Crunchy Garlic Chile Oil
Make extra chile oil and put it on everything in your kitchen.
30. Grilled Scallops
Scallops take almost no time to cook, yet they feel fancy enough for company. And we love them for that.
31. Zesty Chargrilled Broccolini
It’s like roasted broccoli’s cool cousin from the west coast.
32. Grilled Chili Honey Lime Chicken and Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Salsa
Sweet and spicy chicken and creamy avocado? We have a crush on this bowl.
33. Grilled Artichokes with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
If you only know artichokes as an ingredient in a creamy dip, you need to try this elegant side dish.
34. Grilled Avocado and Gem Salad with Herb Yogurt Dressing
We bet you never thought to grill avocados before.
35. Grilled Pork Banh Mì Sandwiches
If a burger and a banh mì had a really tasty baby, this sandwich would be it.
36. Cajun-Spiced Grilled Tofu
Yep, you really can grill anything you want. (This would be excellent as a lettuce wrap filling.)
37. Grilled Garlic Fingerling Potatoes
Grilling is our new favorite cooking method for taters, because they get crispy on the outside but stay creamy and pillowy on the inside.
38. Grilled Corn Salsa
You’re going to need a bigger bag of tortilla chips.
39. Grilled Asparagus Caesar Salad
Not today, boring old lettuce. We’re stepping up our salad game.
40. Grilled Eggplant with Chimichurri
Even so-called eggplant haters can’t deny how gorgeous (and delectable) this dish is. The char from the grill keeps the eggplant from tasting one-note or getting soggy.
41. Baked Potatoes on the Grill
Wrap your spuds in foil, toss them on the coals and ready thy toppings.
42. Grilled Oysters with Chipotle Bourbon Butter
We only want to attend parties where these oysters are being served. (Kidding—kind of.)
43. Prosciutto Goat Cheese Stuffed Peaches with Thyme Honey
Is this not the chicest appetizer you’ve ever seen? You could also try it with plums or apricots.
44. Grilled Shakshuka Pizza
Grill-side brunch sounds like an excellent idea to us.
45. Cilantro Lime and Yogurt Grilled Chicken Wings
Skip the buffalo sauce and keep things fresh with this citrus-y yogurt preparation.
47. Grilled Flank Steak with Lemon-Herb Sauce
Just think of that marinating time as a built-in cocktail hour. (It is summer, after all.)
48. Grilled Cheese Crostini
It just so happens that our favorite carb and the grill get along nicely.
49. Salmon Burgers
A new twist on an old classic.
52. Mini Lobster Rolls
Combining our three favorite things in life: lobster, butter and fresh herbs.
53. Honey-Lime Chicken and Veggies in Foil
So tender and juicy and best of all, no dishes.
54. Grilled Corn with Spicy Aioli
Eat three. You have our permission.
55. Cheaters Grilled Whole Chicken and Vegetables
We’re always on the hunt for easy ways to cook a whole bird.
56. Grilled Flatbread Pizza with Artichoke, Ricotta and Lemon
Use store-bought flatbread, for the crispest thin-crust pizza you’ll ever taste—no kneading necessary.
57. Chicken Kebabs with Garlic Lemon Yogurt
Although the recipe calls for just a few ingredients, she kicks the flavor up a notch by marinating the chicken in baharat, a Middle Eastern spice blend.
58. Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad
In-season strawberries and fresh corn are hard to beat.
59. Grilled Lemon Garlic Zucchini
They call it “summer squash” for a reason. Put it on the grill, stat.
60. Grilled Curried Chicken Thighs
How to make your chicken stand out from the crowd? Bring on the spices.
61. Grilled Parmesan Asparagus
The perfect vehicle for cheese.
62. Grilled Asian-inspired Steak Skewers
Because dinner’s always better on a stick.
64. Grilled Peach, Chicken and Ricotta Pizza
Sweet, creamy, savory—this pizza has it all.
65. Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps
The contrast between cool lettuce and charred chicken makes it worth lighting up the grill. Use iceberg for the crispiest crunch.
66. Grilled Pineapple Split Sundae with Cherry Sauce
This grilled pineapple sundae is not only decadent but also downright gorgeous.
67. Grilled Angel Food Cake with Blueberry Sauce
It’s OK to start with a store-bought angel food cake (really).