Sure, you can toss cubes of cantaloupe in a fruit salad and call it a day. Or you can let the surprisingly versatile fruit really shine. It’s at its peak from June through August, so this summer, we’ll be using this melon in sweet and savory dishes alike. Here, 30 cantaloupe recipes—from salads to ice cream—to get your tastebuds watering.
30 Cantaloupe Recipes That Are Ripe for Melon Season
3. Melon Salad With Chili Powder, Mint, Lime And Flaky Sea Salt
If you’ve already picked a ripe cantaloupe, it doesn’t need much adornment. But a little spicy-salty action never made anything worse.
7. Mint Jicama Cantaloupe Salad With Toasted Pepitas
FYI, you could swap the pepitas for roasted cantaloupe seeds if you wanted to get really fancy. Add a little feta and lime, and this quick side dish has it all.
12. Spicy Cantaloupe Gazpacho With Corn And Pepita Salsa
Aside from being a breeze to blend together, this chilled soup only gets better as it sits in the fridge. Make it ahead of time and impress those last-minute dinner guests. (Thanks, Coterie member Jodi Moreno.)
16. Summer Crostini With Prosciutto, Goat Cheese And Homemade Cantaloupe Jam
We wouldn’t tell you to make homemade jam unless it was worth it. And believe us, it is. (It’s also surprisingly easy—throw everything in a pot, simmer, then blend.)
17. Curried Cantaloupe And Toasted Coconut Ice Pops
This flavor combination sounds just crazy enough to be delicious. The spicy, nutty qualities of curry powder are an excellent complement to the musky, sweet melon.
18. Prosciutto-wrapped Cantaloupe With Balsamic Glaze
There are few things a balsamic glaze won’t improve. This easy appetizer will convert even the most stubborn anti-cantaloupe folks. (There’s always one.)
25. Melon Basil Burrata Salad With Crispy Prosciutto
Bonus points if you can harvest the basil and tomatoes straight from your backyard garden.
26. Corn, Zucchini And Cantaloupe Salad With Prosciutto And Fresh Herbs
If you ask us, corn season is like Christmas in July—er, August. Make the most of it while you still can.