Psst: You Can Make This Frozen Cantaloupe Cocktail in Your Ice-Cream Machine
Did you know it’s possible to make frozen beverages in an ice-cream maker? (Mind blown.) To celebrate, we created this frozen cantaloupe cocktail. Sweet and a little spicy, it’s the most refreshing and irresistible drink we’ve slurped down all summer.
1 medium cantaloupe, peeled and diced
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup fresh lime juice
One 14-ounce can coconut cream
¾ cup vodka
2 tablespoons pink peppercorns, coarsely crushed with the side of a knife
1 tablespoon pink sea salt
4 lime slices, for garnishing
1. In a large bowl, toss together the cantaloupe and sugar. Let it sit for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Stir in the lime juice.
2. Transfer the cantaloupe mixture to a blender, add the coconut cream and vodka, and puree until smooth.
3. Transfer to the bowl of an ice-cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the mixture reaches a slushy consistency, about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, on a plate, stir together the crushed peppercorns and pink sea salt. Press half of each lime slice into the peppercorn mixture, then cut halfway across the diameter of each lime slice and slide itonto the rim of a tall glass.
5. Divide the slush among the four prepared glasses and serve immediately.