45 Mother’s Day Dinner Ideas (Because Your Mom Totally Deserves It)
We know, we know: You’re already planning an extravagant Mother’s Day brunch, and you’re even making a homemade dessert too. But did you forget about dinner? Because if you’re not showering your mom with food the whole damn day, you’re doing it wrong (although she would never complain). From a gorgeous tomato galette to foolproof paella, here are 45 Mother’s Day dinner ideas to spoil your mom.
1. Cherry Tomato Galette with Garlic and Herbs
It’s like a fancy, ultra-impressive version of a pizza. Serve it with a big salad to complete the spread.
2. Baked Feta with Garlicky Kale and Chickpeas
Your mom called us and said she wants cheese for dinner. No other Mother’s Day presents needed.
3. Seared Scallops with Green Peas, Mint and Shallots
If you’re a little intimidated by cooking seafood at home, take solace in the fact that this dish takes 20 minutes to make.
4. Instant Pot Coconut Salmon with Fresh Herbs and Lime
Look, another 20-minute seafood stunner—can you tell we have a type?
5. Cacio e Pepe
This classic Italian pasta calls for just six ingredients, but it tastes like something from a restaurant.
6. Pistachio-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Apple and Escarole Salad
Forget about dry, overcooked pork tenderloin. This one is so buttery, it’ll practically melt in your mouth.
7. One-Pot, 15-Minute Pasta Limone
This one doesn’t even require an extra trip to the grocery store—you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now.
8. Pan-Seared Scallops with Citrusy Corn Succotash
This recipe seems fancy but it’s actually foolproof.
9. Chicken Thighs with Pancetta and Green Olives
The secret to impossibly crispy skin (which is, in our opinion, the best part) is to start with a cold pan. It works every time.
10. Pomegranate-Maple Glazed Lamb Chops
These chops are as easy to cook as chicken, we promise.
11. White Risotto with Corn, Carrots and Kale
Grab the prettiest produce you can find at the farmers market, then customize this dish as you please.
12. Orecchiette with Burrata, Tomatoes and Almond Pesto
It’s not quite a vacation to Italy, but it’s the next-best thing.
13. Whole-Wheat Feta Tart with Caramelized Onions and Herbs
It’s a little bit sweet, a little bit salty and completely delicious.
15. Salmon and Fennel Dinner Salad
If brunch was a little too filling, keep dinner light but satisfying with this protein-packed salad.
16. Whole Roasted Chipotle Chicken
Would you believe this beauty is made with just four ingredients?
17. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Easy Frittata
It’s healthy yet filling and uses up leftover vegetables—just what Mom likes.
18. Pomegranate-Sumac Chicken with Roasted Carrots
Pull this sheet-pan meal out of the oven and prepare for the oohs and ahhs.
19. Bacon-Wrapped Black Cod with Spinach and Capers
Our mantra: Everything is better with a little bacon.
20. Cheater’s White Pizza with Béchamel Sauce
Careful: This pie is so impressive, your mom might ask you to make it every Sunday after Mother’s Day too.
21. Cheater’s Vegetarian Pizza with Zucchini and Bell Peppers
If she’s more of a veggie-pie person, make this 30-minute number with all the fixings.
22. Greek Chicken and Rice Skillet
This one-skillet dish is the ultimate trifecta: It’s easy to make, pretty to serve and so damn delicious.
23. Bruschetta Chicken
This chicken dinner tastes indulgent, thanks to a generous dusting of Parm. In reality, it’s pretty healthy (not to mention ready in 40 minutes).
24. Pasta Florentine with Grilled Chicken
Creamy pasta, smoky chicken. What’s not to love?
25. Mini Lobster Rolls
There’s really no such thing as a *bad* lobster roll, but somehow, these cuties taste even better since they’re bite-size.
26. Chicken Tinga Tacos
It starts with a store-bought rotisserie chicken but shh, don’t tell anyone.
27. Summer Skillet Gnocchi with Grilled Corn and Burrata
Serve this one with a bottle of white wine and you’ll instantly become the favorite at the table.
28. Spicy Bucatini Amatriciana
This spicy pasta is pretty simple to make, but it tastes like a million bucks.
29. 30-Minute One-Pot Cheater’s Bouillabaisse
Splurge on high-quality seafood for this one—you won’t regret it.
30. Foolproof Cheater’s Confit
Excuse us, is your name Julia Child?
31. Skillet Steak with Asparagus and Potatoes
Homecooked steak that’s better than at a restaurant? Yep, it’s a thing.
32. Cheater’s Skillet Paella
The traditional version of this hearty Spanish rice dish is delicious but time-consuming. Our version isn’t exactly authentic, but it tastes just as good.
33. Potato and Burrata Pizza
If your mom doesn’t love both potatoes and burrata, then you two might need to have a chat.
34. Pan-Roasted Chicken with Shallots and Dates
It’s sweet-salty and bright, thanks to a genius combination of olives, dates, shallots and lemon.
35. Skillet Gnocchi with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
It takes only 30 minutes from start to finish, but go ahead and pretend you spent the whole day in the kitchen.
36. Grilled Peach and Halloumi Salad with Lemon-Pesto Dressing
We’re sometimes wary of salad for dinner, since it can verge on snoozy. But this plate has both fresh fruit and melty cheese, so it’s impossible not to love.
37. Rigatoni with Vodka Sauce
Nothing says, “I love you, Mom,” quite like a rich, velvety tomato cream sauce.
38. Sweet-and-Sour Pork Skewers with Pineapple
Fire up the barbecue and show everyone your grilling skills.
39. Spicy Pineapple Prosciutto Tarts
If appetizers for dinner is her Mother’s Day dream, serve a platter of these with a fresh salad on the side. They’re like Hawaiian pizza, but better.
40. Skillet Pasta with Summer Squash, Ricotta and Basil
It’s spring, so save the spaghetti and meatballs for another day. This pasta skillet (which gets dolloped with fresh ricotta!) is what the warm weather calls for.
41. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
They’re sweet, spicy and best eaten alfresco.
42. Pork Scallopini with Lemon, Capers and Radicchio
The name makes this dish sound ambitious, but it’s actually super approachable. Set your timer for 20 minutes.
43. Orecchiette with Spring Greens
With a bunch of seasonal produce, you don’t need to try hard to make an amazing meal.
44. Grilled Flank Steak with Lemon-Herb Sauce
For maximum flavor, this steak gets marinated for a few hours before it hits the grill. Plan accordingly.
45. Piri Piri Chicken
The potatoes soak up all those glorious juices from the bird. Mom’s going to be *so* impressed.