Cheater’s Skillet Lasagna with Corn and Cherry Tomatoes
Forget classic lasagna. This cheater’s skillet lasagna with corn and cherry tomatoes has the same cheesy goodness you crave (and then some), minus the hours of assembly time. All you need is a trusty skillet and 35 minutes.
3 ears of corn on the cob
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 pound lasagna noodles, roughly broken
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 pint cherry tomatoes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large zucchini, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
1 bunch asparagus, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup capers
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brush the corn with the melted butter and add to the skillet. Sear until well charred, about 4 minutes per side. Cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cob.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the lasagna noodles until al dente, 7 to 9 minutes.
3. Drain the noodles and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Heat the remaining olive oil in the same skillet you used to cook the corn.
4. Add the tomatoes to the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes are blistered, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the zucchini and asparagus; cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
5. Add the noodles and corn to the skillet; toss to combine. Add the Parmesan, capers and basil; toss to combine. Serve immediately.