We love to shake up our weeknight dinner routine, but there’s no denying that chicken has a special place in our heart. It’s versatile, easy to prepare and crowd-pleasing to boot…but that also doesn’t mean you have to stick with the same old grilled boneless, skinless breast every time (bo-ring). Break out of your comfort zone with this handy roundup of the 101 best chicken dinner recipes—from chicken tinga tacos to the ultimate potpie—that will never let you down.
The 101 Best Chicken Recipes for When You’re in a Dinner Rut
33. Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce
Haven’t you heard? Everything tastes better on a stick.
42. Skillet Roast Chicken with Peaches, Tomatoes and Red Onion
The combination of sweet peaches and savory onions is *chef’s kiss.*
44. Chicken with Feta Cheese, Dill, Lemon and Harissa Yogurt
We’ll never say no to a harissa yogurt sauce—or feta, for that matter.
49. Chimichurri Chicken Meatballs with Herbed Greek Yogurt, Red Quinoa & Green Beans
About that bright, herby, garlicky sauce: We’ll be licking it off our fingers.
50. Potato Chip Crusted Chicken with Arugula Pesto
Is it the greatest chicken Parm rendition of all time? We’d bet money on that.
58. Whole30 Chicken Meatballs and Cauliflower Rice with Coconut-Herb Sauce
Whether you’re Whole30-ing or not, that coconut sauce is something to talk about.
60. 30-Minute Creamy Chicken, Corn and Tomato Skillet
You’re three steps and 35 minutes from a delectable dinner.
61. Pomegranate-Sumac Chicken with Roasted Carrots
The buttermilk brine ensures ultimate tenderness and beautiful browning.
63. Dijon-Maple Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
The tangy glaze is equally tasty on the chicken and the veggies.
64. Sheet-Pan Chicken Shawarma with Lemon-Tahini Drizzle
FYI, this one also happens to be paleo-friendly and gluten-, dairy- and grain-free.
69. Honey Mustard Sheet-Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
On our ideal dinner checklist? Fast, easy and minimal cleanup. This chicken dinner ticks all the boxes.
72. Sticky Orange Chicken with Caramelized Onions and Fennel
A word of warning: You’ll want to stock up on napkins for this one.
74. Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken and Shredded Brussels Bowls
Brussels sprouts in a stir-fry might be unconventional, but they’re also damn tasty.
76. Dorie Greenspan’s Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Baby Potatoes and Mushrooms
You only need 15 minutes to prep this dish, but when it comes out of the oven, prepare for the oohs and ahhs.
80. Meal-Prep Honey Sesame Chicken with Broccolini
If you thought meal prep was intimidating, you probably just hadn’t met this chicken recipe yet.
82. One-Pot Creamy Chicken Alfredo
Aside from minimizing the amount of cleanup, this one-pot method results in the creamiest sauce ever (and surprisingly, you don’t have to use cream).
85. Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Blue Cheese and Celery
These wraps have a secret: store-bought rotisserie chicken.
87. Cheater’s Grilled Whole Chicken and Vegetables
By spatchcocking the chicken (aka removing its backbone), you can cook it in an hour on the grill and leave the dirty kitchen for another night.
100. Lemon-Roasted Potatoes, Chicken and Spinach with Tzatziki
Sad salad? We don’t know her.