Slow-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Fact: Cooking dinner in your Crock-Pot rocks. So the next time you use it, make this slow-cooker chicken soup recipe. It's the easiest way to prep this warming classic.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
5½ cups chicken broth
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2½ cups egg noodles
1 cup frozen peas
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In your slow cooker, place the chicken in the base, then top with the onion, carrots, celery stalks and garlic cloves.
2. Add 5½ cups chicken broth and 1 bay leaf; season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.
4. Add 2½ cups egg noodles and 1 cup frozen peas.
5. Cook until the noodles are tender, 6 to 7 minutes.
6. Stir in ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.