Slow-Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Fact: Cooking dinner in your Crock-Pot rocks. So the next time you use it, make this slow-cooker chicken tikka masala recipe. It's the easiest way to make everyone's favorite Indian dish.
1 onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
One 28-ounce can tomato purée
1 cup plain yogurt
3 tablespoons garam masala
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup fresh cilantro
Steamed rice, for serving
1. In your slow cooker, combine the onion with the garlic and cubed chicken breasts.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the tomato puree with the yogurt, garam masala, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper; season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
4. Cook on low for 6 hours.
5. Stir in the heavy cream and cook for 10 minutes more.
6. Garnish the chicken with ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with steamed rice.