Chicken Parmesan Bites
Pop quiz: What’s the only thing better than a giant plate of chicken Parmesan? These adorable, poppable pieces. They have the perfect ratio of crispy coating to tender meat, and they never get soggy under a boatload of sauce. You can thank us later (by inviting us over).
2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1½ cups bread crumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for serving
1 cup warm marinara sauce, for serving
1. In a small pot fitted with a deep-fry thermometer, heat 3 inches of oil until it reaches 350°F.
2. Line a large plate with several layers of paper towels, and set out three shallow bowls. In the firstbowl, whisk together the flour, salt, pepper and cayenne. In the second, whisk the eggs together. In the third, mix the bread crumbs with the Parmesan.
3. Working with one piece at a time, dip the chicken into the flour mixture, then into the eggs and then into the bread crumbs. Continue until all the chicken is coated.
4. Working in batches, fry the chicken until it’s golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to the paper-towel-lined plate.
5. Garnish the chicken with parsley and more salt. Serve immediately with the marinara sauce.