Grilled Curried Chicken Thighs
This grilled chicken recipe delivers maximum flavor with very little effort. The secret? Basting juicy chicken thighs with a five-ingredient curry sauce as you grill. (And a healthy side of curry rice noodles, of course.)
¾ cup coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeño, minced
3 tablespoons yellow curry paste
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound rice noodles
Cilantro leaves, for garnishing
Basil leaves, for garnishing
Mint leaves, for garnishing
5 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnishing
1. Prepare your grill for high heat.
2. In a small pot, bring the coconut milk, lime juice, garlic and jalapeño to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk in the curry paste, simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brush the grill grates with olive oil. Brush the chicken with the curry sauce and grill until well charred and fully cooked through, flipping as needed and occasionally basting with the curry sauce, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil. Return the pot of curry sauce to the stove top and bring to a simmer. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Brush the chicken once more with the sauce.
5. Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Toss the noodles with the remaining curry sauce.
6. Serve the chicken alongside the rice noodles and garnish with the cilantro, basil, mint and scallions.