22 Sheet-Pan Chicken Thighs You Haven’t Made for Dinner Yet
We love a low-maintenance chicken dinner as much as the next guy, but why do boneless, skinless breasts get all the love? It’s time to turn to chicken thighs, which were practically made for those one-dish recipes we fall for again and again. They’re juicy, versatile and flavorful, plus they can handle a hot oven like nobody’s business. Don’t believe us? Make one of these 22 recipes for sheet-pan chicken thighs and thank us when you’re done.
1. Honey Mustard Sheet-Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs have all the benefits of a whole roast chicken without any of the fuss.
2. One-Pan Roasted Chicken with Carrots
Say goodbye to a pile of pots and pans in the sink, and hello to tender, garlicky carrots and chicken thighs.
3. Sheet-Pan Indian-Spiced Chicken
While the chicken is roasting, the potatoes in this dish are hard at work soaking up all those glorious juices. (And you’re barely lifting a finger.)
4. Dorie Greenspan’s Sheet-Pan Balsamic Chicken with Baby Potatoes and Mushrooms
Greenspan calls for chicken legs (i.e., the thigh and drumstick attached), but you can swap in regular chicken thighs as you please. They’ll be just as bronzed and beautiful at the end of cooking.
5. Dijon-Maple Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
When the most difficult thing you have to do is chop vegetables, you know it’s going to be a good dinner.
6. Sticky Orange Chicken with Caramelized Onions and Fennel
This one is reminiscent of our favorite takeout treat, but so much healthier. (If you don’t love fennel, you can try bok choy or another green veggie instead.)
7. Best Easy Greek Sheet-Pan Chicken Souvlaki and Potatoes
If we didn’t know any better, we’d think we were eating oceanside in Greece. Must be the feta.
8. The Best Sheet Pan Chicken Piccata
Whip this one out at your next dinner get-together and let everyone think it was hard work. (Best party trick ever? We think so.)
9. Easy Mango Chutney Chicken Sheet Pan with Cauliflower
What serves a crowd, takes less than an hour to make and hits all the right notes of salty, savory and sweet? This guy.
10. Crispy Smoked Paprika Chicken
The key to getting crispy skin is not overcrowding the pan. Want to take it a step further? Put a wire baking rack inside the sheet pan for even more crispiness.
11. Thai Chicken Thighs
Sure, there are no dishes when you order Thai delivery. But there’s also no satisfaction of making a gourmet dinner yourself. It’s your call.
12. Five Spice Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner
Fun fact: Five spice is a combination of cinnamon, star anise, fennel, white pepper and cloves. It’s also an excellent companion to chicken, carrots and cabbage.
13. Chicken and Potato Adobo with Garlic Rice
The classic tangy, sweet and salty Filipino dish got an upgrade. (And by that we mean minimal cleanup and 15 minutes of prep.)
14. Korean Chicken with Coconut Rice
While the sesame chicken roasts in the oven, you can make the rice and prep your toppings. When the timer goes off, you’ll be ready to dig in.
15. Sheet-Pan Harissa Chicken with Chickpeas and Sweet Potatoes
This one had us at harissa…and again at feta. The whole sheet-pan thing is just the cherry on top.
16. Sheet-Pan Roasted Garlic Butter Herb Chicken with Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
When nothing but hearty and rustic will do, this is the ticket.
17. Healthy Paleo Chicken Teriyaki
It takes less than 40 minutes from start to finish and that’s including a homemade teriyaki sauce.
18. One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies
Proof that there’s nothing wrong with a classic, especially when it’s this foolproof.
19. Sheet-Pan Olive Bar Chicken
Buy all the briny stuff at the grocery store and you’re halfway to dinner. This. Is. Genius.
20. Oven Fried Southern Hot Honey Chicken
The only messy party is going to be your fingers.
21. Baked Crispy Chicken Thighs
If you think this dish sounds plain or boring, wait until your first bite. It’s called roast chicken magic (and the secret is egg whites).
22. Sheet-Pan Peri Peri Chicken with Portuguese Red Pepper Sauce
The tiny potatoes will absorb all the schmaltz-y goodness of these spicy thighs. Are you hungry yet?