21 Sweet and Savory Recipes for Mango Season
Summer’s fruit harvest is so bountiful, it’s hard to choose a favorite. But juicy, sweet mangoes are our pick—maybe because they taste like vacation…or maybe because they work in any dish, from chicken to fish to frozen yogurt. Presenting 21 sweet and savory recipes to take advantage of mango season while it lasts.
1. Grilled Jerk Chicken Cutlets with Mango Salsa
The zesty, juicy salsa pairs magically with this spicy chicken dish. Bonus points for coming together in, like, 35 minutes.
2. Mango Guacamole
Sounds crazy, right? You’d be surprised at how well the sweetness of the fruit complements creamy avocado. Pass the tortilla chips.
3. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
If you eat them alfresco with a chilled bottle of wine, it’s *almost* like you’re on a tropical getaway.
4. Zoodles with Avocado and Mango Sauce
Oh hi, 15-minute, no-cook dinner. We’ll be making you on repeat this summer.
5. Strawberry Mango Hawaiian Shave Ice
We can’t always head to the Pacific on a whim, but we can whip up this glorious DIY version of a local favorite.
6. Mango-Habanero Glazed Spare Ribs
Homemade mango barbecue sauce sounds like a lot of work, but we promise it’s a breeze.
7. Spicy Gingered Mango Margarita
If you want to make it a mocktail, just omit the tequila and add more citrus juice. (But why would you want to do that?)
8. Coconut Rice Salmon Bowl
Tender salmon, sweet rice and a zippy sauce? This sounds like a lunchtime dream.
9. 30-Minute Sesame Mango Chicken Teriyaki
We bet your go-to takeout spot doesn’t have this on the menu.
10. Cookie-Coated Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt Bars
Yum. You had us at cookie-coated (and again at no ice-cream maker required).
11. Vietnamese Shrimp Spring Roll Bowl with Sweet Chili Mango Sauce
This is like diving fork first into a rainbow. We’ll be spooning the sweet and spicy sauce over everything.
12. Summer Fruit Salad with Herbed Pistachio Crumble
It’s hard to improve on ripe peaches, cantaloupe and mango, but burrata will do the trick.
13. Crispy Coconut Waffles with Mango
Do we see Sunday brunch on the horizon?
14. Dreamy Creamy Mango Popsicles
Hot girl summer, meet homemade ice pops.
15. Avocado Strawberry Mango Salsa
Mango salsa is a classic, and for good reason. But who knew strawberries were the twist this dip needed to shine?
16. Simple Coconut Mango Chicken and Broccoli Curry
All you need is one pan, 30 minutes and an appetite. Oh, and don’t forget lots of fluffy naan.
17. Sesame Balsamic Tofu Bowls with Chili Mango and Sunflower-Cilantro Pesto
If you’ve ever said, I’m not really a tofu person, it’s because you’ve never tried this bowl. You’ll be converted in no time.
18. Mango Raspberry Bellinis
For celebratory occasions, or any old Tuesday.
19. Mango Jalapeño Chutney
If you have a jar of homemade chutney in your fridge, what more do you need in life?
20. Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
When we swapped our usual instant oatmeal for this quinoa bowl, we officially became morning people.
21. Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt
The classic Indian beverage got a dessert-worthy upgrade. We’ll take two scoops, please.