Come summer, we’re chomping at the bit to raid the berry stand at the farmers market, largely thanks to in-season blueberries. These tiny seasonal gems are sweet, sour and beyond juicy, making them great for salads, smoothies, pancakes and, most importantly, baked goods. Here are 40 of the best blueberry recipes to tackle while they’re at peak deliciousness.
The 40 Best Blueberry Recipes to Make While They’re in Season
2. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie
3. Lemon Pie With Blueberry Meringue
Don’t worry about fussing with fresh berries to get that dreamy lilac-colored meringue. Simply turn freeze-dried blueberries into powder with your blender or food processor, then boil it with sugar and whisk the syrup into the egg whites.
4. Chrissy Teigen’s Blueberry-cream Cheese Pancakes
22. Coffee Oatmeal With Buckwheat Honey, Blueberries And Yogurt
Java-infused oats, why didn’t we think of that? It’s the creation of chef Jenny Dorsey, who pairs the oatmeal with nutty, bitter buckwheat honey—it’s just the match for the coffee’s roasty notes.
24. Blueberry-cucumber Summer Salad With Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette
When the weather’s hot, nothing cools us down like raw cucumbers. But TBH, our favorite ingredient here is the sugared almonds, hands down.
37. Grapefruit Brûlée With Yogurt And Blueberry Sauce
A healthy, wintry treat that won’t make you feel like you’re sacrificing dessert.
38. Cheesecake Ice Cream With Blueberry And Red Wine Swirl
Booze and ice cream, a match made in dessert heaven. Go with a full-bodied Syrah or a smoky Merlot for the blueberry sauce.