Yes, you absolutely can make fish at home—even if you barely turn on your stove. It might seem intimidating at first, but we’ve found the 17 best fish recipes (including salmon, cod and tuna, yum) to cook at home. They’re practically foolproof—and did we mention delicious?
The 17 Best Fish Recipes That Are Easy to Make at Home
1. Baked Sesame-ginger Salmon In Parchment
Mastering parchment paper recipes should be among your first to-dos if you’re new to cooking. It’s much easier than you think, and you can say goodbye to washing pots and pans.
2. Alison Roman’s Swordfish With Crushed Olives And Oregano
Alison Roman says that swordfish is good for people who say they’re not into fish and, well, we’re very into Alison Roman.
3. Salmon And Fennel Dinner Salad
Salad for Dinner for President. That’s all we have to say after eating this surprisingly filling meal.
4. Hemp And Walnut Crusted Salmon With Broccoli And Kimchi Cauliflower Rice
Even before CBD came onto the scene, there were hemp seeds chilling out on our protein.
5. Turmeric White Fish With Peanuts And Chili-lime Cucumber
You know your go-to combo of five-minute makeup + lazy updo that takes almost zero time but makes you look like you have your sh*t together? That’s this fish recipe.
6. Wild Alaska Salmon And Smashed Cucumber Grain Bowls
Upgrade your sad desk salad to a grain bowl. It can’t give you a raise or make your boss less terrible, but it’ll improve your workday nonetheless.
7. Whole Roasted Branzino With Shaved Fennel Slaw
Yep, that’s a whole fish in that dish, and yep, you can absolutely do this. We believe in you.
8. Salmon Bowl With Farro, Black Beans And Tahini Dressing
We don’t know who needs to hear this, but you need (at least) two grain bowls in your lunchbox repertoire.
9. Pan-fried Cod With Orange And Swiss Chard
We’re 100 percent that cook who puts fruit on our dinner. Want to join us?
10. Wild Alaska Salmon And Summer Squash Kebabs
Food! On! A! Stick! Use whatever squash is in season and start skewering.
11. One-pan Roasted Salmon With Potatoes And Romaine
Some nights a super-simple, one-pan dinner is mandatory. You can make this with just a few ingredients, plus pantry staples.
12. Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
Have your tacos and eat healthy too. This delicious, fresh dish can also be made with sea bass, halibut or tilapia.
13. Five-minute Spicy Tuna Rolls
Hosting a dinner party means navigating everyone’s dietary restrictions. This one-bite appetizer is for the keto guest but will please everyone at the table.
14. Halibut Piccata
Hello, hi! This is chicken piccata’s cooler little sister. Let’s hang.
15. Ginger-almond Baked Salmon Packets With Green Beans
Want some crunchy texture to jazz up your fish, but need to keep it gluten-free? Nuts are your friend, and ginger also came along to the party.
16. Brown Rice Chirashi Bowl
This one is to stop you from spending 80 percent of your food budget on the poke place across the street from your office. You’re welcome.
17. Italian Tuna Salad
Remember your grandma’s tuna salad sandwich, soggy with mayo? This isn’t it.