You’ve got the cocktails, mains and desserts figured out for your big Christmas dinner. Now, it’s time to nail down the hors d’oeuvres, aka the real reason everyone loves the holidays. To complement your wintry fête, we’ve rounded up the most delicious Christmas party appetizers—like seasonal flatbreads, baked cheese dips and savory one-bite recipes—that are sure to impress your loved ones. Whether your crew is into light dishes, like persimmon goat cheese bites and kale salad, or heartier recipes, like mini chicken potpies and cheesy polenta bites, there’s something for everyone on your guest list. Then, all that will be left to decide is which holiday cookies to serve (we’re partial to these gingerbread lattice cuties, BTW).
The 73 Best Christmas Party Appetizers, Hands Down, No Contest
9. Caramelized Onion, Spinach And Cheddar Pastries
So flaky, so savory. They're pretty enough that your guests will think you ordered them from a fancy bakery.
15. Bacon Blue Deviled Eggs With Roasted Garlic And Asparagus
A quintessential party snack, elevated. This rendition is all about presentation.
25. Cheesy Polenta Bites With Brussels Sprouts And Pancetta
Tangy goat cheese is just the match for crispy, cornbread-like baked polenta rounds.
27. Boursin Cheese With Caramelized Onions And Bacon
The hardest thing you'll have to do is wait for the onions to caramelize.
30. Mushroom Bruschetta With Brie, Sage And Truffle Oil
It's the most elegant starter you'll ever serve—and one of the best uses for crusty bread we've come across.
32. Healthy French Onion Dip With Leeks And Shallots
Go ahead and prepare a second batch. The first will only last about 30 seconds.
34. Brussels Sprout And Apple Tart With Walnut Pesto
Don't worry about making homemade puff pastry. The produce is what makes this starter shine.
39. Kale Salad With Persimmons, Crispy Chickpeas And Fried Shallots
51. Harvest Cranberry, Persimmon And Burrata Salad
Sure, it sounds delicious already. But just wait until you taste the cranberry-balsamic dressing.
53. Mashed Potato Fritters With Smoked Salmon And Chives
They'll get snatched up in no time during cocktail hour. But they'd also make a killer impression at Christmas brunch.
61. Roasted Sweet Potato And Caramelized Onion Flatbread
A seasonal twist on a party classic that everyone can get behind—even picky kids.
64. Mini Skillet Pizzas With Mushrooms And Roasted Tomatoes
Yep, you’re allowed to use store-bought pizza dough.
69. Ritz Crackers With Whipped Honey Ricotta And Bacon
Call it a Christmas miracle: This no-cook appetizer will be ready to serve in just 15 minutes. Bonus points for candying the bacon in maple syrup and brown sugar.