Easy Baked Goat Cheese Marinara Dip
Fact: You can never have too many cheese appetizers in your arsenal. Add to that list this Italian-inspired baked goat cheese marinara dip. The whole thing comes together in under an hour (and most of that is time spent baking in the oven). Just be sure to have plenty of bread on hand for dipping, OK?
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces goat cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch oven-safe skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
4. Stir in the oregano and basil, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until good flavor develops, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Spread the goat cheese into an even layer in the prepared skillet. Spoon ¾ cup of the prepared marinara sauce over the goat cheese.
6. Bake until the marinara is bubbly and the cheese is warm, 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Serve warm garnished with fresh basil on top and crackers or fresh bread on the side.